Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates - help with babies??

Emirates - help with babies??

Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Emirates - help with babies??

Hi all,

We fly in three weeks to validate with Emirates and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them with little ones. My main query is how we are going to keep his milk at an OK temperature (he's 14 months so is on whole milk) - will they refrigerate it for us? Otherwise we may have to revert back to the cartons of SMA progress for the flights. Not sure whether he'll go for that as he didn't like formula much at all and loves his whole milk.

Look forward to any ideas

Thanks

Lucy.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Re: Emirates - help with babies??

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi all,

We fly in three weeks to validate with Emirates and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them with little ones. My main query is how we are going to keep his milk at an OK temperature (he's 14 months so is on whole milk) - will they refrigerate it for us? Otherwise we may have to revert back to the cartons of SMA progress for the flights. Not sure whether he'll go for that as he didn't like formula much at all and loves his whole milk.

Thanks

Lucy.
Not sure about Emirates but we flew with BA recently and needed my daughter's (also 14 months) antibiotics refrigerated. They said they couldn't do it but did give us a bag of ice to put it in and that worked ok.

We do just use formula on flights to keep things simple.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sid_s
Not sure about Emirates but we flew with BA recently and needed my daughter's (also 14 months) antibiotics refrigerated. They said they couldn't do it but did give us a bag of ice to put it in and that worked ok.

We do just use formula on flights to keep things simple.
what about a flask, sure they keep things hot as well as cold, would that work??
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Hi all,

Thanks

Lucy.
hello

I have flown to Aus with Emirates 4 times in the last year with an infant, both on my own and wit h my husband. They have been terrific every time.

They will not store milk for you in the fridge. It is a health |&| safety issue. Basically they don't know where the milk is from and it may contaminate other products. That said if your son is drinking simple whole milk they will give it to you.

Good luck on your journey
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
hello

I have flown to Aus with Emirates 4 times in the last year with an infant, both on my own and wit h my husband. They have been terrific every time.

They will not store milk for you in the fridge. It is a health |&| safety issue. Basically they don't know where the milk is from and it may contaminate other products. That said if your son is drinking simple whole milk they will give it to you.

Good luck on your journey
Thanks for the replies - did you pay for a seat for your child and get teh whole milk - we haven't paid for a seat so not sure how much they will help us out with food / milk / drinks etc. I'm going assuming the worst and stocking up on everything for the flights and hoping that we won't need it all!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:15 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks

Lucy.
We flew with Emirates with an 11 month old, and then again when she was 20 months, they were fantastic each time. We brought half a dozen of those ribena sized cartons with ready made formula in them, and she was fine with them. Failing that the flight carries loads of fresh milk, so I doubt you will have a problem with that. Also make sure you reserve the front row seats, as you are entitled to them, we only paid 10% of the seat price for our daughter, she didnt have a seat, but was fine between us, with the armrest removed, and also in the basinet, that you get with the front row seats (it hangs from the wall, so your child can sleep in it) All in all Emirates were superb, and I can definitely recommend them to you.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We flew with Emirates with an 11 month old, and then again when she was 20 months, they were fantastic each time. We brought half a dozen of those ribena sized cartons with ready made formula in them, and she was fine with them. Failing that the flight carries loads of fresh milk, so I doubt you will have a problem with that. Also make sure you reserve the front row seats, as you are entitled to them, we only paid 10% of the seat price for our daughter, she didnt have a seat, but was fine between us, with the armrest removed, and also in the basinet, that you get with the front row seats (it hangs from the wall, so your child can sleep in it) All in all Emirates were superb, and I can definitely recommend them to you.
Thanks - that has made me feel loads better - we have reserved the bulk head seats with the basinet so hopefully all should be ok.

Can't believe how quickly it's all come around - I am so unprepared!!!!!