Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates - good or bad to fly with

Emirates - good or bad to fly with

Old Dec 30th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Emirates - good or bad to fly with

Hi
just about to book a flight to Brisbane, best deal is with Emirates. We do not have time for a stop over unfortunately. What are your experience when flying with Emirates? Last time flew with a cheaper airline to save money and it was awful!
Thanks for your advice Tara
Old Dec 30th 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Emirates - good or bad to fly with

I flew with Emirates last yr on my reccie trip and they were fine.
Admittedly I did fly Business as work paid for it !!

Had no problems with them, very friendly. If you can stretch to business class they even send a limmo to pick you up from home - saves taxi fares PLUS thy very often have a deal on with 2 or 3 nights FREE in Dubai.

Good value

Sue
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:27 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they were pretty good when we flew with them last month.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1814602
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:38 am
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali south
Hi
just about to book a flight to Brisbane, best deal is with Emirates. We do not have time for a stop over unfortunately. What are your experience when flying with Emirates? Last time flew with a cheaper airline to save money and it was awful!
We've used Emirates in the past and found them to be pretty good. Will also be using them when we move to Aus in April...

No doubt there are some people on here with horror stories and some with complete praise.

I.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I flew Emirates to Brisbane last Dec with my 9 year old diabetic son. Emirates were very good I found, especially with my son, getting his food when he needed it not when it fitted with them. He was so unwell on our trip back that they upgraded him to business class so he could sleep, I initially went with him back had to go back once he was sleeping as another passenger in business class complained about us being upgraded. My son stayed and slept.
The only part I didn't really like is as it stops in Dubai, Singapore then Brisbane (this flight also went on to Auckland) it does feel like you are always being woken up.
We also got very cheep flights and honestly I didn't really notice a difference between Singapore airlines or Air NZ and they are certainly a lot better that United, but as someone else said your trip always depends on the cabin crew and them not losing your luggage.
Good luck
KAZ
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Hi
Thanks everyone, one day I will be able to afford business class!! For this trip I think Emirates will do nicely (economy)
Tara
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:24 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Hi
Tara,

check out this thread lots og good info.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...2&page=1&pp=15

Stu
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:59 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi
Hiya Ali South,
flew from Birmingham to Brisbane via Dubai & Singapore.
Flight was goo, serv ices was good and food was good. Big plane as well, a bonus when you are in it for so long!
Got a free stop over in Dubai (if over 8 hours it is free!)

Prefered them to Quantas.

Bye
Mark