Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates flights... questions questions!!!

Emirates flights... questions questions!!!

Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:27 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates flights... questions questions!!!

morning all! We fly out to Brissie tomoz on Emirates, from Birmingham and I have a few questions...
Which plan do Emirates use out of Birmingham? A nudge to the right webiste might help... I've looked, but have to admit that I'm pretty useless!

Anybody know where I can find out what films are showing on the flight?

What are people's experiences of the airline meals?

Has anyone had a stopover in Dubai? Any good shops that I shouldn't miss!???
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates flights... questions questions!!!

If you're on the day flight - 777ER - which has the on demand in flight entertainment system.

If you're on the late evening flight - Airbus A332 - has the old entertainment system and is basically the crumbiest plane Emirates has.

Onwards to Brisbane you will likely get an older 777 again with no on demand entertainment.

Have a look here:

http://www.emirates.com/au/Traveller...t/Overview.asp

and here for August's on demand movies:

http://www.emirates.com/au/Traveller...h=8&sYear=2007
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
morning all! We fly out to Brissie tomoz on Emirates, from Birmingham and I have a few questions...
Which plan do Emirates use out of Birmingham? A nudge to the right webiste might help... I've looked, but have to admit that I'm pretty useless!

Looks like an Airbus 330 to Dubai then a 777.

Go here and type in your travel date and you can see by leg.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi, we flew with Emirates.
The flight was great. Good food. Infact we got fed too much. Free drinks, anytime.
We stopped at Dubai which is a massive airport. Plenty of shops, clothes, purfume etc...
Loads of people asleep on the floor too

Have fun.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:45 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's always the 777 that arrives into Brisbane just as I'm coming home from work and then there is the 777 that leaves in the morning just before I go to work.

If you see me on final approach don't forget to give me a wave...
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

The 777 has the camera in the nose and under the plane so you can look down the runway as you take off and land.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Hi a bit more info passengers booked on both these two flights are quite low so at checkin give some story re leg problems and if possible to get extra seats ...good luck...enjoy your flight Oh and meals are quite good, if you have any issue with them remember we over load on Business Class and they should always be able to supply...but be nice to the girlies it always helps to get more out of them...if any issues ask to talk to the supervisor an put your point across ''quietly''

Crew are trained to follow the rule book ''to the letter'', the more experienced ones are better to communicate to as they have more brains...
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:04 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the tips and pointers, it's been really helpful.
We having a stopover in Dubai on the way out, so no sleeping in the Airport for us!!!
I still haven't packed a stitch yet! Need to get on with it as I'm travelling with oh and teenage son, so if it's left to them we'll all be naked.... (is that acceptable at the theme parks????)

So, do you think I should check in at the desk, rather than online? Should that get us more space?

Ali
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the tips and pointers, it's been really helpful.
We having a stopover in Dubai on the way out, so no sleeping in the Airport for us!!!
I still haven't packed a stitch yet! Need to get on with it as I'm travelling with oh and teenage son, so if it's left to them we'll all be naked.... (is that acceptable at the theme parks????)

So, do you think I should check in at the desk, rather than online? Should that get us more space?

Ali
Yes check in at the desk, often they cant be bothered to change things if it is done on-line, even if you say want near the back of the plane..often that is better as

a) You are near the toilet
b) Most dont want to be there ...no difference really

Where are you staying in Dubai ???
I live there
What are your plans...Its hot at moment 40+ and very humid
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:14 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Yes check in at the desk, often they cant be bothered to change things if it is done on-line, even if you say want near the back of the plane..often that is better as

a) You are near the toilet
b) Most dont want to be there ...no difference really
and the worst part of the plane to be if there is turbulence
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vanessa
and the worst part of the plane to be if there is turbulence
Adds to the excitment ....wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

While we have a Dubai expert here can I ask a question....
We were considering the Glasgow to Brisbane via Dubai service and are a bit worrid about entertaining three children under three for the time between 00:30 hrs and 09:00 hrs during our 'stop-over'. I hear there are limited availability 'day rooms' to use but I guess with three kids we will be the slowest of the mark for such things...
Any ideas?
Alan and Kim
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:18 am
Ping pong PoM

hi,

We're staying at the San Marco Hotel,
al Khaleej Road (opposite the Hyatt Regency)
Deira Dubai

It's quite cheap so I have average expectations... I would like to buy a bit of jewellery and my son would like to buy a Nintendo DS lite.
Beyond that I would like to see a bit of the place... I'm told that Taxi is best in this weather!

Ali
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

hi,

We're staying at the San Marco Hotel,
al Khaleej Road (opposite the Hyatt Regency)
Deira Dubai

It's quite cheap so I have average expectations... I would like to buy a bit of jewellery and my son would like to buy a Nintendo DS lite.
Beyond that I would like to see a bit of the place... I'm told that Taxi is best in this weather!

Ali
Yes Taxi always the best option

Nintendo DS best bet is Deira City centre shopping mall the have a huge electronic store there (can't remember the name sorry)
Jewellery - you need to head down to the Gold Souk, best to do that in the evening as the shops at night sparkle...I was dissapointed in the Souk at 1st when I saw it..thought it was going to be old worldly but its jsut loads and loads of shops ...selling Gold/Diamonds etc .....and please haggle.....be cheeky...certainly half the price that they quote you..and go from there be prepared to walk out the shop...they will soon stop you if they want your sale..and their is soo many shops..to barter against
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
While we have a Dubai expert here can I ask a question....
We were considering the Glasgow to Brisbane via Dubai service and are a bit worrid about entertaining three children under three for the time between 00:30 hrs and 09:00 hrs during our 'stop-over'. I hear there are limited availability 'day rooms' to use but I guess with three kids we will be the slowest of the mark for such things...
Any ideas?
Alan and Kim
There is a hotel in the airport ...you could book a room there for a few hours. Its pricey though.....charged by the hour...but in your case I would say certainly worth it. I think it might be airside too meaning that you dont need to clear customs to get into the hotel...maybe someone else could confirm that? Details here:

http://www.dih-dca.com/dih-dca/services.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.