Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates flight to Brisbane

Emirates flight to Brisbane

Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Emirates flight to Brisbane

Hi there, can anybody tell me about the stops in Dubai and Singapore when flying Manchester to Brisbane. I understand that the flight stops twice, but are you aloud to get off the plane in Dubai for a couple of hours? I hate flying and I do not know If I could cope with 14 hours journey, not getting off until Singapore, where we will stop over for a night.
Thanks in anticipation of any replies.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Emirates flight to Brisbane

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi there, can anybody tell me about the stops in Dubai and Singapore when flying Manchester to Brisbane. I understand that the flight stops twice, but are you aloud to get off the plane in Dubai for a couple of hours? I hate flying and I do not know If I could cope with 14 hours journey, not getting off until Singapore, where we will stop over for a night.
Hello
I have done this flight - you can get off and walk round the shopping bit in Dubai for a couple of hours but if you go straight to brisbane at singapore its a 30 min stop to stretch your legs!
Have a good trip xx
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
Hello
I have done this flight - you can get off and walk round the shopping bit in Dubai for a couple of hours but if you go straight to brisbane at singapore its a 30 min stop to stretch your legs!
Have a good trip xx
Thanks for that, I feel a bit better now.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:05 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
Hello
Have a good trip xx
The stop in Dubai depends on if your on time, You have enough time to do some shopping in the Duty Free which is very good. Also you can get a nice pint of Guiness from the Irish bar at the Airport.
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
The stop in Dubai depends on if your on time, You have enough time to do some shopping in the Duty Free which is very good. Also you can get a nice pint of Guiness from the Irish bar at the Airport.
Gary and Vikky
Thanks for the reply, we will look forward to our pint of Guiness then.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Both times we stopped at dubai and singapore we weren't there very long - in fact last time at singapore we didn't even bother getting off the plane with the rest as it was such a short stop we just stretched our legs on board.

We wish we had more time to spend at Dubai as the shops there look great!
Alse we much more preferred doing 3 x 7ish hour legs than the 2 longer stretches.

Hopefully next time we fly over we might have a night stayover and enjoy it

Last edited by Joolz; Mar 7th 2007 at 7:23 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joolz
Both times we stopped at dubai and singapore we weren't there very long - in fact last time at singapore we didn't even bother getting off the plane with the rest as it was such a short stop we just stretched our legs on board.
Did you do a straight through journey on both occasions, and was it ok?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

First time we flew Heathrow -> Singapore (stayed for about 1.5 hours -> Brisbane (BA and Quantas)
then second time we did Birmingham -> Dubai (30mins) -> Singapore (20mins) -> Brisbane (Air Emirates)

Found the second trip easier - and Air Emirates were waaaay better than BA...
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joolz
First time we flew Heathrow -> Singapore (stayed for about 1.5 hours -> Brisbane (BA and Quantas)
then second time we did Birmingham -> Dubai (30mins) -> Singapore (20mins) -> Brisbane (Air Emirates)

Found the second trip easier - and Air Emirates were waaaay better than BA...
Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:36 pm
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about

We flew Emirates from Manchester to Brisbane in early January.
As others have mentioned the stop in Dubai may be as short as 30mins (Ours was quite brief as a passenger became ill prior to take off which delayed our departure from Manchester).
Our journey involved changing planes in Dubai and a "same plane/refuel" stop in Singapore. The Singapore stop was about 1 hour or so. We had a short wander around Changi just to stretch our legs. But as you mentioned, you are having a stopover there.
We found Emirates to be as good if not better than Singapore and Malaysian Air and certainly vastly superior to Qantas/BA.
Food is better (particularly the kids meals), service is better, In Flight Entertainment is better and better legroom.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by him
We flew Emirates from Manchester to Brisbane in early January.
As others have mentioned the stop in Dubai may be as short as 30mins (Ours was quite brief as a passenger became ill prior to take off which delayed our departure from Manchester).
Our journey involved changing planes in Dubai and a "same plane/refuel" stop in Singapore. The Singapore stop was about 1 hour or so. We had a short wander around Changi just to stretch our legs. But as you mentioned, you are having a stopover there.
We found Emirates to be as good if not better than Singapore and Malaysian Air and certainly vastly superior to Qantas/BA.
Food is better (particularly the kids meals), service is better, In Flight Entertainment is better and better legroom.
Thanks for the information
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:47 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

For the last trip back to England we flew Emirates and would certainly use them again. The 2 stop overs were both very short basically get off stretch the legs get back on (while they re-fuel). We liked the idea of 3 shorter 7 hour trips as it all seemed more manageable you hit the 3 hour mark and your half way there instead of a quarter. The only down side was of the 6 planes we used going back and forth 4 were the older variety 777's and had poor video on demand (VOD) while 2 were much newer with the more up to date VOD. Food was excellent and plenty of drinks to be had whenever they were needed.

Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
For the last trip back to England we flew Emirates and would certainly use them again. The 2 stop overs were both very short basically get off stretch the legs get back on (while they re-fuel). We liked the idea of 3 shorter 7 hour trips as it all seemed more manageable you hit the 3 hour mark and your half way there instead of a quarter. The only down side was of the 6 planes we used going back and forth 4 were the older variety 777's and had poor video on demand (VOD) while 2 were much newer with the more up to date VOD. Food was excellent and plenty of drinks to be had whenever they were needed.
Hi. Do you mind if I ask which sectors had the newer aircraft as we are flying Emirates to Gatwick in May. When you say 6 planes, I was under the impression that you only change aircraft in Dubai, therefore 4 aircraft there and back?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:05 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sassie

Sorry 6 legs not planes.

The legs from Dubai to London (Heathrow for us) and back both had the new planes. The legs from Brisbane to Singapore (and reverse) and Singapore to Dubai (and reverse) were the older aircraft.

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi. Do you mind if I ask which sectors had the newer aircraft as we are flying Emirates to Gatwick in May. When you say 6 planes, I was under the impression that you only change aircraft in Dubai, therefore 4 aircraft there and back?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:21 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Cool Re: Emirates flight to Brisbane

Manchester to Dubai is an A330 and you disembark and transit.
As there are two daily flights from Manchester to Dubai, which flight you take will determine the amount of time you have in Dubai. Brisbane flight time of departure is 10:00am.

Dubai to Brisbane will be a Boeing 777-300 you can stay on the plane in Singapore if you wish, but most people get off and stretch their legs in the Duty Free area and get back on again approx 1 hour later.

New aircraft are not put on any one particular route. All equipment is currently being upgraded therefore you could have an older aircraft with the new refinements i.e. ICE entertainment system etc. with 100 channels but it takes time with so many planes.

I hope this helps.

Gillian

Last edited by ray2gill; Mar 11th 2007 at 4:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.