Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates .... denied 40KG despite having Visa

Emirates .... denied 40KG despite having Visa

Old May 22nd 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates .... denied 40KG despite having Visa

so, i get my flight booked, and go to Emirates UK with my visa and passport and flight info etc, everything is above board but they wont entertain me due to "the rising cost of avaition fuel" no matter what i say, they just wont have it. and tell me to post my clothes!! i have since found out that they fumigate clothes sent through freight!! not having that at all !!

very p!ssed off at emirates, grrrrr !!

so how much CAN you fit into 20kg? i didnt think it was alot ....
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates .... denied 40KG despite having Visa

Emirates MAY do the 40kgs still, but its down to them to decide - if they say no, its no. Lots of airlines have stopped, partly due to the cost of fuel balanced against the number of people taking lots of luggage!

Clothes aren't fumigated when sent freight - I have sent clothes by air and sea and none of them have gone through fumigation - thats a myth, and you can send your clothes quite safely by freight
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

thanx for that

so how much can i get in 20Kg ?

i was under the impression, its not alot
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying with emirates and have a 40K limit. You have to confirm to them that you intend to do this and also supply copies of visas to prove your a migrant. This all has to be done at the booking stage, so if you just turned up with your 40k then it wouldn't suprise me that they said no.
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manxfamily
We are flying with emirates and have a 40K limit. You have to confirm to them that you intend to do this and also supply copies of visas to prove your a migrant. This all has to be done at the booking stage, so if you just turned up with your 40k then it wouldn't suprise me that they said no.

did you even read my post ?!?!?

i didnt just "turn up" anywhere, i havent gone yet !!

Old May 22nd 2006, 11:41 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
thanx for that

About 20 kilos worth. HTH.
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

did you even read my post ?!?!?

i didnt just "turn up" anywhere, i havent gone yet !!

Sorry Tory, quick of the mark. Sounds like you got a bum deal there. Did you book direct with them?
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by benny the ball
About 20 kilos worth. HTH.

how very constructive of you

Old May 22nd 2006, 11:44 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

how very constructive of you

I thought so , any other questions dont hesitate to ask
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Sorry Tory, quick of the mark. Sounds like you got a bum deal there. Did you book direct with them?

soz to snap mate, quite upset at this ...

we booked the flights in Australia, My parents mum booked the flights as a gift for us. and they wont entertain me as it was booked in Oz, i mean i have sent them my visa and passport info, and its a one way ticket

what did they think i was gonna do !!

Old May 22nd 2006, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

thanx for that

I had a medium suitcase and full it weighed approx 21kg. I managed to fit in all the clothes I wanted to take with me. The other option is a holdall as my daughter packed her stuff in a large holdall or 2 as each one full only weighed 10kg.
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by benny the ball
I thought so , any other questions dont hesitate to ask

thanks for that

but i would rather ask someone with some nonce, or someone who,knows what they are talking about

Old May 22nd 2006, 11:48 am
Humble vaudevillian

thanks for that

but i would rather ask someone with some nonce, or someone who,knows what they are talking about

I dont think you meant nonce now did you? Or maybe you did :scared:
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

we booked the flights in Australia, My parents mum booked the flights as a gift for us. and they wont entertain me as it was booked in Oz, i mean i have sent them my visa and passport info, and its a one way ticket

Sorry to hear it mate, but it looks like because they were booked elsewhere and nothing was stated at the time of booking they see it as quite in their rights to decline your request. Not very cooperative of them and I'm sure it will only make them look bad.

Not sure if many of the other airlines would be any more helpful though.

I can understand why you are pissed off by it all, the 20k is not a lot, especially when you are bringing all your clothes and stuff and not just holiday gear. Maybe you should write a letter to their HQ.
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it's going to help at all, but I e-mailed singapore airlines ages ago and asked what the luggage allowance was on a migration trip and they e-mailed me back saying I could just turn up with 40kg's providing I had a valid, unused PR visa.

So why don't you e-mail the UK emirates booking office and ask them the same question, without actually saying you've already booked. That way you may get the answer you want in writing

Contact details

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.