Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Baggage Allowance??

Emirates Baggage Allowance??

Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Scottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the rough
Default Emirates Baggage Allowance??

Hi,

Can anybody with experience of flying with Emirates, tell me how much baggage you can get away with taking before they charge you £30 per kg for excess? I am going on a one way ticket in December, but I am going on a student visa for 4 yrs, so therefore I am not "officially" emigrating. I read on one thread that they took 28kg per person, but I'm not sure whether that was because they were emigrating, or they were just lucky.
If any of you lovely people flew with Emirates have any advice/info, I would be really grateful!

Cheers lots,
Louise
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:51 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice
Default Re: Emirates Baggage Allowance??

Originally Posted by Scottie2hottie
Hi,

Can anybody with experience of flying with Emirates, tell me how much baggage you can get away with taking before they charge you £30 per kg for excess? I am going on a one way ticket in December, but I am going on a student visa for 4 yrs, so therefore I am not "officially" emigrating. I read on one thread that they took 28kg per person, but I'm not sure whether that was because they were emigrating, or they were just lucky.
If any of you lovely people flew with Emirates have any advice/info, I would be really grateful!

Cheers lots,
Louise
There have been a lot of posts about Emirates and their baggage allowances. I believe you can get double but you MUST get that in writing from them. Dont take theirs or a travel agents word for it as it must be on your ticket that the allowance has been granted...

Do a search for past posts regarding emirates for more info and dont rely on what you read on BE get the detail in writing from emirates themselves as they are very strict....
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:58 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Heres a couple of threads...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ates+allowance

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ates+allowance

Links dont apper to work if you click tham but if you copy and paste to a new browser they do, cant be arsed to work out why

Last edited by yamahaha; Nov 19th 2005 at 5:02 pm. Reason: Im an idiot?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:04 pm
AC/DC!

OK OK the URLs dont work! Just do a search for "Emirates" and "Allowance" and youll get plenty of info...Im off to look for my coat now....
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Scottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the roughScottie2hottie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by yamahaha
OK OK the URLs dont work! Just do a search for "Emirates" and "Allowance" and youll get plenty of info...Im off to look for my coat now....
Hey!! Thanks ever so much for your reply!! You're a star!!
I'm gonna check right now!

Lou