Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates and Air Asia connection times

Emirates and Air Asia connection times

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough
Default Emirates and Air Asia connection times

Hi all,

I am looking at booking some flights to go back to the UK for a few weeks next month. I am looking at going to KL with Air Asia, then with Emirates the remainder of the way. The problem i have got is on the return trip and timings!!!

The flight gets into KL at 2130 and the ongoing flight to Perth is 2350......now will this give me enough time to catch the flight. I know it will be leaving from another terminal about 20 mins away, but just not sure if it will be too risky? Only thing is the alternative is staying all day and evening on my own and i would rather just get home by then i think!!!

Thanks everyone!

Claire xxx
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:33 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates and Air Asia connection times

Originally Posted by clairey b
The flight gets into KL at 2130 and the ongoing flight to Perth is 2350......now will this give me enough time to catch the flight.
It's way too short a time for this connection. You will have to wait for bags, clear immigration and make your way to the low cost terminal before check in for you Perth flight closes. I'm guessing you have to be checked in at the LCCT by 2250 at the very latest?

I wouldn't do it.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that.....what i thought. Its just the alternative isn't great so was just trying to find a way round it!!!

Thanks so much
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi all,

I am looking at booking some flights to go back to the UK for a few weeks next month. I am looking at going to KL with Air Asia, then with Emirates the remainder of the way. The problem i have got is on the return trip and timings!!!

The flight gets into KL at 2130 and the ongoing flight to Perth is 2350......now will this give me enough time to catch the flight. I know it will be leaving from another terminal about 20 mins away, but just not sure if it will be too risky? Only thing is the alternative is staying all day and evening on my own and i would rather just get home by then i think!!!

Thanks everyone!

Claire xxx
Time is too short. Spend the night at the airport hotel - it's a really nice place to stay. You could also go into KL and get a hotel there - means you would have a day to explore the city.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Think thats the way to go.....and childless too.....even better!!!!!

Claire x