Wikiposts

Emirates

Old May 19th 2005, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emirates

Well, if the console is shite, my mate has offered me a loan of his PSP (playstation portable) for the duration of the trip.

Has anybody played one yet? Absolutely amazing so it is.
Old May 19th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I heard that when you fly emirates, every seat has a games console. Is that right or have i been misled.

That would be the dogs bollocks if there was.

My S-I-L just came out to vist us for 10 hours on the way out she had NO tv or games system working at all and her 10 yr old drove her nuts.To top it off on her return journey the same thing happened again- she was not happy with Emirates.

Hope it works out for you!
Old May 20th 2005, 7:15 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tinaj
My S-I-L just came out to vist us for 10 hours on the way out she had NO tv or games system working at all and her 10 yr old drove her nuts.To top it off on her return journey the same thing happened again- she was not happy with Emirates.

Hope it works out for you!
OMG thatll be just my luck........

Nice to see your name still around Tina wheres the handbag gone?

Be over to the sunny coast soooooon

nige'
Old May 20th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I traded it in for a sunset

I still lurk around the site sometimes. But not so much is relavant to me now. After you have been here a while your new life takes over and you don't have much time for expats.

I hope it all works out for you. It is winter here now and gorgeous still, I know why I moved to the Sunny Coast.
Old May 20th 2005, 7:23 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tinaj
I traded it in for a sunset

I still lurk around the site sometimes. But not so much is relavant to me now. After you have been here a while your new life takes over and you don't have much time for expats.

I hope it all works out for you. It is winter here now and gorgeous still, I know why I moved to the Sunny Coast.
Cant wait

Just the house to get rid of! market is flat on its nose back in the yUK, Spring sprung about 2 weeks ago had a fantastic sunny bright day last Sunday. Its been grey and wet ever since So that was spring roll on THE hot day of summer.

Sooo glad its all good for you guys.....
Keep livin the dream....

Nige'
Old May 20th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

SnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant future

Just a bit of inside info so you know what your missing, Virgin Atlantic has 50+ channels, about 7 of which are games. The others are films and TV programmes which are on demand, ie you can stop, pause and start when you like, and that is through out the aircraft. The games are reasonably standard and you can play against other passengers. It is one of the most advanced systems around. There is also quite a few music only channels. It is also one of the quickest straight through flights via Hong Kong, which is only a 1.5 hour turn round so from LHR to SYD takes about 22 hours.
Old May 21st 2005, 2:50 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Emirates Glasgow to Brisbane via Dubai. We were generally impressed with the flight - the consoles passed a few hours but they are only games like Quiz's, Tetris, card games etc. The films were pretty duff - a film with JLo in it and a film with Beyonce in it!!!!!!!

Like others I noticed some passengers complaining as their consoles were not working - that would be absolutely awful as it does pass a few hours. If I were you i'd bring the PSP if you can!

We are flying Singapore airlines this time - I believe they have a similar set up in place - infact I have heard better things about SA than Emirates - I hope so. Emirates annoyed us when they wouldn't give the 40kg per person migrant luggage allowance because we were stopping over in Singapore - they only honour it if you don't stopover anywhere. Singapore airlines do though- in their rules they do give the allowance (at the same fare) and DO allow stopovers. I gather one poster did have trouble checking in at Singapore for the next leg of the journey but our travel agent showed us Singapores 'rules' webpage and it states clearly that stopovers are allowed. Once they spoke to the manager the extra luggage was allowed. I don't think we will have a problem as the luggage allowance is printed on the tickets if you produce you passport with Oz PR visa in it at the time of booking. We will wait and see though when I get the tickets!

Lynn