Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The emigration/Visa process

The emigration/Visa process

Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default The emigration/Visa process

Hi,

I hope someone can help. My sister in law and my best mate have both asked me where to begin in the emigration process as I have been there done that and they want to start the process.

Ok, not long after we got our visa granted we deleted all the links that helped us along the way.

Is there a website/links out there that will point them in the right direction on which visa to apply for, to check thier points total, occupational points total, medicals etc, etc,. Looking for something that explains each stage of the process.

Does anyone have any good helpful links ?

Cheers,
Ian
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The emigration/Visa process

Originally Posted by skyblue
Hi,

I hope someone can help. My sister in law and my best mate have both asked me where to begin in the emigration process as I have been there done that and they want to start the process.

Ok, not long after we got our visa granted we deleted all the links that helped us along the way.

Is there a website/links out there that will point them in the right direction on which visa to apply for, to check thier points total, occupational points total, medicals etc, etc,. Looking for something that explains each stage of the process.

Does anyone have any good helpful links ?

Cheers,
Ian
This is the best website for all things to do with emigration - the DIMA site is at www.immi.gov.au

Buzzy
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: The emigration/Visa process

Cheers Buzzy,

Is there a site where you can check your points total and that says yes you qualify or no you dont ?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
This is the best website for all things to do with emigration - the DIMA site is at www.immi.gov.au

Buzzy
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyblue
Cheers Buzzy,

Is there a site where you can check your points total and that says yes you qualify or no you dont ?
There's loads of website like this - just search with google for free online visa assessment

Hope they fair well ...
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

DIMA's points test is here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm

Although if they really don't know where to start they would be better advised to have an agent assess them properly. It's usually a free initial assessment then they can decide if they want to proceed with an agent or not.