Reload this Page >

Emigration fairs?

Emigration fairs?

Old May 14th 2004, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigration fairs?

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this board....found out just a couple of days ago that our visa application for Australia has been granted!!!

We've (my husband and I) got Skilled Independent visas and are thinking of Perth, probably moving in Feb 2005. We plan to visit in November to get our visas validated.

As we're so new to this I've been trying to read as much as possible and I've noticed several people talking about emigration fairs.....is there a list of dates and locations of these? They sound like they could be very useful for researching shipping companies, plus we have some pets that we're taking with us.

If anyone has any info I would be eternally grateful.

Salli
Old May 14th 2004, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hello Sally

Sorry i cant help on the fairs (i live in Switerland and there are absolutly none)

But on this forum you will most definitly find all the answers to your questions regardging pets and shipping if you do a seach. I read a few posts on the movers company PSS (www.pss.uk.com if i remember well).

Good luck!!! What was your timeline for your visa?

fabie
Old May 14th 2004, 9:28 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome SAlli & Congrats on the Visa. Sorry I can't help with the fairs either as I'm in Melbourne. Good luck with everything, as I remember the fun is just beginning now your visa has been granted.
Old May 14th 2004, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Thank you both for your congrats

The process has been quite a long one! We went out to Australia in Feb 2002, which was my first time. DH has lived there before for a year when he was little. We made the decision to apply for visas.

I had to produce an RPL for the ACS that seemed to take for ever! That was sent in on 30/01/03 and we got approval on 26/02/03.

We sent in our visa app on 08/07/03, the medicals and police checks were requested 10/03/04 and the visa was granted on 30/04/04.
Old May 14th 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigration fairs?

Originally posted by Salli
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this board....found out just a couple of days ago that our visa application for Australia has been granted!!!

We've (my husband and I) got Skilled Independent visas and are thinking of Perth, probably moving in Feb 2005. We plan to visit in November to get our visas validated.

As we're so new to this I've been trying to read as much as possible and I've noticed several people talking about emigration fairs.....is there a list of dates and locations of these? They sound like they could be very useful for researching shipping companies, plus we have some pets that we're taking with us.

If anyone has any info I would be eternally grateful.

Salli
Hi Salli
Oh, you're so lucky that you have your visa already.
I went to Sandown emigration fair a couple of months ago, and although there were loads of stands etc, I don't think I found out anything that I couldn't have got from this forum. Just do a search when you need to know anything, and if you cant find the answer, post it on here and you'll have the answer in no time!
Good luck
Andrea
Old May 14th 2004, 9:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by swissfabs
But on this forum you will most definitly find all the answers to your questions regardging pets and shipping if you do a seach. I read a few posts on the movers company PSS (www.pss.uk.com if i remember well).
I agree with the above.

I read recent posts on this forum that said that much more info was available here than at the emigration fairs.

As you have the visa already, you only need advise on getting here, and the best advise will come from people who have been there and done it, ie: a lot of people on this forum.

Ask away with questions, and I am sure you will get good answers.

Also you can search the forum for "emigration fairs" or "pets", or just about anything else.

Good luck

Old May 14th 2004, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

thank you so much all of you for your congrats and offers of help and suggestions. I feel so much better having 'stumbled' across this forum, I was nervous about what was to come....I wish I could just wake up in Australia tomorrow! I really can't wait to get there....just terrified of the in-between bit!

Andrea, where are you in the application process?
Old May 14th 2004, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Salli,

Can I ask why you are validating in November and then moving over in Feb 2005.

Surely you don't need to validate as you were granted in April and Feb would be sufficient to validate.

Although, any excuse to go over sits well with me
Old May 14th 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

hehehe...I need a holiday!!!

No, the reason is that our xrays were done in Feb so I believe (correct me if I'm wrong!) that we have to enter Oz to validate our visas less than 12 months from the date those were taken, so although our visa was granted in April the clock started ticking in Feb.

We thought we'd go out in November and get our visas validated and then we can move out when we're 100% ready, rather than having to fight against the clock all the time. It feels like we have so much to do at the moment!

Our plan is to travel when it's coming into Australia's winter as we thought that it would be less of a shock to our dog and 2 cats!
Old May 14th 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you so much all of you for your congrats and offers of help and suggestions. I feel so much better having 'stumbled' across this forum, I was nervous about what was to come....I wish I could just wake up in Australia tomorrow! I really can't wait to get there....just terrified of the in-between bit!

Andrea, where are you in the application process?

Hi Salli
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now! I'm sooo jealous. It must be fantastic having your visa and making all your plans.
I only applied a month ago, and although nurses are fast tracked, it will still be a fair few months til I get to your stage.
Still, i can enjoy one last British Summer!
Andrea
Old May 14th 2004, 1:11 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

I had to produce an RPL for the ACS that seemed to take for ever!
Aarrgh I know the feeling exactly! What a horribly tedious long-winded process that was. On the bright side you do end up with a marvellous document to use as a starting point for any CV.

Mark
Old May 14th 2004, 1:17 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

No, the reason is that our xrays were done in Feb so I believe (correct me if I'm wrong!) that we have to enter Oz to validate our visas less than 12 months from the date those were taken, so although our visa was granted in April the clock started ticking in Feb.
Well it should say on your visas: "initial entry by ..." although I'm surprised if the clock starting ticking at the time of your x-rays. Ours certainly didn't as we recall. But to be honest we were too over the moon at getting the things to be bothered about little things like time limits!

Whatever, getting an initial exploratory trip in can't be a bad thing.

Mark
Old May 14th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

HI and welcome.
Just had a look though our local paper and there is a emigrate 2004 at York racecourse on 21, 22 and 23 May. The web address I have is www.opportunitiesabroad.co.uk
Don't know if this is of any help
KayCee
Old May 14th 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Well it should say on your visas: "initial entry by ..." although I'm surprised if the clock starting ticking at the time of your x-rays. Ours certainly didn't as we recall. But to be honest we were too over the moon at getting the things to be bothered about little things like time limits!

Whatever, getting an initial exploratory trip in can't be a bad thing.

Mark

hehehe...I haven't checked!!! I was so over the moon to get the visas! I was told by the immigration company we used that we would have to enter before the medicals and police checks expired, but I'll have to look through the paperwork....we've just heard that our passports have had the visas added! Woooohooo!!!
Old May 14th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Aarrgh I know the feeling exactly! What a horribly tedious long-winded process that was. On the bright side you do end up with a marvellous document to use as a starting point for any CV.

Mark
That's true....I can't believe that people actually read these things...what an awful job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.