emigration

Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

emmil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emigration

My husband is a secondary school teacher and I'm a solicitor in the UK, what chance do we stand of emigrating to Australia? Can anyone suggest where to start?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:18 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: emigration

Originally Posted by emmil
My husband is a secondary school teacher and I'm a solicitor in the UK, what chance do we stand of emigrating to Australia? Can anyone suggest where to start?

Sounds like you would have an excellant chance as long as your under 45.

Start by reading through the FAQs at this Peters site.

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:25 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

You start

http://www.immi.gov.au/

read about your professions and opportunity on the skills list

and come back on this site and let us know what you think next....

you are possibly looking at

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...re_general.htm

this part of the website

Enjoy
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:58 pm
Go Banana's !!

As Sandra says, we started by trawling through all the info on the DIMIA website. We didn't know this site existed at the time. It was only after the application was in that we found it - good job too as it might have scared us half to death !!

Anyway, the Frequently asked questions and the Immigration section on this site might also help. Don't be afriad to ask for help but as long as you are both under 45 you stand a good chance.

Good luck and welcome aboard, although our journey is almost complete.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth in less than 7 weeks.....can't wait to see my girls again !!

Old Sep 9th 2004, 11:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

Anyway, the Frequently asked questions and the Immigration section on this site might also help. Don't be afriad to ask for help but as long as you are both under 45 you stand a good chance.
Only the 'skilled' partner needs to be under 45, but if the spouse is also under 45 then there's still a chance of claiming spouse skill points if the other requirements are met.

Jeremy
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:25 am
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

Fill in the free visa assessment form at www.pinoyau.com and we will tell you.
Best wishes
Westly Russell
Migration agent