Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrating with dogs to Australia - what's the cost? Has anyone used skydogs.co.uk?

Emigrating with dogs to Australia - what's the cost? Has anyone used skydogs.co.uk?

Old Jan 30th 2016, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

rexlion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigrating with dogs to Australia - what's the cost? Has anyone used skydogs.co.u

we moved our dogs over in September with pet air, they were great and I would recommend them. cost us 6k for the pair of jack russels
Old Jan 30th 2016, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Traceykin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigrating with dogs to Australia - what's the cost? Has anyone used skydogs.co.u

Originally Posted by Belle121
Phil K,

Has anyone else had issues with upholding certificates on the online application site on bicon.agriculture? Each time I upload the certificate comes out pixilated. The bloods report form was ok! Have rescanned the RNATT, saved etc but each time I upload I get same results.
Anyway, am waiting a response and can easily post the RNATT if needs be.

keep me posted Phil K on how your getting on. Have you bought crates yet? I've a Portuguese Water Dog, small lab size dog... Any ideas on size and make on crate?
Hi Belle121
No I uploaded mine as a pdf on Sunday 24th jan and had the permits back by email on thurs 28th Jan. I must say that is excellent turn around.

The shipping company quoted me and are going to supply the crate I just had to put in the measurements on their website that they asked for. My crates are roughly 44 x 22 x 34 Inches on shipping companies quotes and about £150 ea and has to be a IATA Approved Flight Kennel.

doing the dogs stuff is not difficult you just need to be methodical. I have already done this before in 2012 for the dogs so I already have a rough idea on the procedure.

Good luck all Tracey K
Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by l4urenec
Has anyone used skydogs.co.uk company?

I have been given a quote by my vet which was coming to £7K whereas this company are saying around £4K.

Can anyone let me know how much they were charged for full transportation, documentation etc and veterinary costs pre-travel per dog?

I'm flying two dogs but want to get an idea of what the average cost is per dog that I should be expecting as £7K seems quite high but not sure whether as I know my vets to go with them so would appreciate any recommendations.
You need to say what type of dogs for any meaningful cost comparisons, for dogs the breed (well the size rather) is very important as price goes off size of crate required.

I think £4k for two dogs not much bigger than two cats sounds about right as that is about what I paid for two cats. If it is two big dogs, I would be worried about a £4k quote and wonder what corners are being cut!
Old Feb 13th 2016, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

jam.skinner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can anyone advise who the official government vet is to sign off the RNAT declaration? It states on the website that it's not the same as the vet that carries out the vaccine/test etc, but cannot find information on who it actually is? Fred had his vaccine back in Jan and had his bloods drawn just over a week. So need to get the declaration done and then apply for the permit.
Thanks in advance, Lucy ☺
Old Feb 14th 2016, 2:10 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

It could well be a local vet. As I understand it, if they do pet passports then they are qualified to do the RNATT declarations (this was information I got from Petair previously).
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Belle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond repute

My local vet is an official goverment registered vet.
Just ask your vets if they arnt then call around to find one. Lots of vets have to be official goverment registered to sign off documents for pet passports.

My vet has taken bloods, tested for RNATT and signed signed the document, at least 1 month after bloods taken.
I uploaded all documents on the bicon.agriculture web site and made a few mistakes with the online form filling.
Emails were swiftly responded to and mistakes rectified and got the permit through approx 10 days.
Just for reference for anyone reading, pet can't travel for 180 days after the bloods for RNATT are taken. The permit is valid for 1 year.

My next feat will be booking Cocos flight and quarantine! Yikes!