Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrating To Australia!

Emigrating To Australia!

Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Ch4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really nice
Default Emigrating To Australia!

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, so please be gentle .

I am yet to even start the process of emigrating, however, at the age of 26 and my girlfriend at 21 we have our hearts set on this when she finishes her degree.

Are there any other youngsters or anyone of any age with success stories? Reading your stories makes me wish my life away so I can get out there .

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Ch4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really niceCh4rlie is just really nice
Default Re: Emigrating To Australia!

A question that I would like to know the answer to is, How much tax do you have to pay on labour over in Australia? In the UK you have to pay 20% which I guess you all know, that can be a crippling amount to so many people.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:09 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the board mate. Do a search on the forum and you'll see plenty of stories regarding the move. Also try the citizenship and imigration forum.

Here is a calculator where you can key in your expected earnings and it'll tell you what you can expect to pay in tax.
http://career-services.careerone.com...FUdNpgodigLRMQ

Good luck mate
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your help mate!

Also - thanks for the welcome