Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrating to AUS to avoid UK DEO

Emigrating to AUS to avoid UK DEO

Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

The Vimto Kid is on a distinguished road
Default Emigrating to AUS to avoid UK DEO

I am male UK NRP; ex- is female UK PWC with our 3½ yr old son. I am currently subject of DEO; ex- is on the dole and likely to remain so for some time.

An employment opportunity has arisen in AUS. As I am currently unable to purchase a house in the UK (given DEO and UK house prices), am looking to emigrate to AUS.

If I emigrate, will the UK CSA automatically apply to the AUS CSA to assess my income and deduct as appropriate?

If not, and my ex- comes off the dole, could she request the AUS to assess income and deduct as appropriate? i.e. by emigrating, am I removing myself from the UK CSAs sphere of influence, or am I potentially exposing myself to the risk of being assessed again, just in a different country?

Thanks
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating to AUS to avoid UK DEO

Originally Posted by The Vimto Kid
I am male UK NRP; ex- is female UK PWC with our 3½ yr old son. I am currently subject of DEO; ex- is on the dole and likely to remain so for some time.

An employment opportunity has arisen in AUS. As I am currently unable to purchase a house in the UK (given DEO and UK house prices), am looking to emigrate to AUS.

If I emigrate, will the UK CSA automatically apply to the AUS CSA to assess my income and deduct as appropriate?

If not, and my ex- comes off the dole, could she request the AUS to assess income and deduct as appropriate? i.e. by emigrating, am I removing myself from the UK CSAs sphere of influence, or am I potentially exposing myself to the risk of being assessed again, just in a different country?

Thanks
OK< its Monday monring here and I am being thick!

NRP/PWC/DEO??? Help!!!
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana

NRP/PWC/DEO??? Help!!!
I'll second that!
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:44 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honeybob
I'll second that!
Thank goodness its not just me! I was getting worried there Thought I'd slipped into a parallel forum by mistake.
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Thank goodness its not just me! I was getting worried there Thought I'd slipped into a parallel forum by mistake.
Parallel forum Polly, absolutely! Further clarification if you please!
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:53 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I agree with ?? DEO/NRP/PWC
You will get lots of misinformation about your rights but I can tell you that the CSA has NO power at all outside the UK UNLESS you are working for a UK employer abroad.
Ironically, if it was the other way around (Aus resident with Aus child), the Aus CSA DOES have power to take your money if you were in the UK.
Details to confirm can be found on both web sites.
Write to the CSA and advise them you are leaving the country on X date and ask them for advice. They will write back and advise that they will have no juisdiiction outside the UK. You can then cease payments from that date and should you return, there is no back pay, just from the day you return.
Of course, you may want to set up something privately for your child, even a small trust fund.

Andrew
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

NRP/PWC/DEO??? Help!!!
What do you think?

NRP = Neonatal Resuscitation Program
PWC = Pembroke Welsh Corgi
DEO = Data Entry Operator

I'm not convinced......
Old Dec 19th 2004, 10:24 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
What do you think?

NRP = Neonatal Resuscitation Program
PWC = Pembroke Welsh Corgi
DEO = Data Entry Operator

I'm not convinced......
Maybe,
NRP = Non-Resident Parent
PWC = Parent With Custody
DEO = Dept of Environment Order (house repossesion?)
Sorry for being serious! Not feeling funny

Andrew
Old Dec 19th 2004, 10:32 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by andrew63
Maybe,
NRP = Non-Resident Parent
PWC = Parent With Custody
DEO = Dept of Environment Order (house repossesion?)
Sorry for being serious! Not feeling funny

Andrew
Ahah! MAkes more sense now!!
Thanks Andrew.

I still can't help the guy, but at least I can understand his post
Old Dec 19th 2004, 10:50 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Thanks
This seems complicated. It involves Child Support Agency legal arrangements between both countries. Maybe you should talk to the UK child support agency to ask their advice?

I presume you are not intending to "jump ship" to get away from supporting your son. I guess therefore your main concern should be your continued support for your son's welfare, whichever country it is you decide to live in and UK CSA should be able to help you.

Old Dec 19th 2004, 11:56 pm
I don't re Member

Ahah! MAkes more sense now!!
Thanks Andrew.

I still can't help the guy, but at least I can understand his post

I was only guessing!

Andrew
Old Dec 19th 2004, 11:59 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by andrew63
I was only guessing!

Andrew
All fits together right though!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honeybob
Parallel forum Polly, absolutely! Further clarification if you please!
me too!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:57 am
Just Joined

The Vimto Kid is on a distinguished road

NRP/PWC/DEO??? Help!!!
Wow, so many replies so fast. Sorry for making assumptions; it's all Child Support Agency lingo, by the way:

NRP = non-resident parent (usually absent father)
PWC = parent with care (usually mother with whom child is living)
DEO = deduction from earnings order (non-vountary payments taken directly from wages, usually of absent father)
Old Dec 20th 2004, 6:05 am
Home and Happy

Wow, so many replies so fast. Sorry for making assumptions; it's all Child Support Agency lingo, by the way:

NRP = non-resident parent (usually absent father)
PWC = parent with care (usually mother with whom child is living)
DEO = deduction from earnings order (non-vountary payments taken directly from wages, usually of absent father)
Andrew was pretty flipping close then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.