Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrating with adult children

Emigrating with adult children

Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

kazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating with adult children

We are thinking about moving to australia but have 2 non-dependant,adult children living at home(ages 19 & 24).Can they automatically come with us? Also have retired mother(60yrs),how would she qualify?.Grateful for any help and advice!!!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

elaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant future
Default Re: Emigrating with adult children

Originally Posted by kazzy
We are thinking about moving to australia but have 2 non-dependant,adult children living at home(ages 19 & 24).Can they automatically come with us? Also have retired mother(60yrs),how would she qualify?.Grateful for any help and advice!!!
Hi Kazzy...

Not 100% sure on this and i'm sure others will know more but i think it will depend on a lots of factors.

As far as i know the children will be able to migrate with you but they will have to be included in the initial application.

In regards to your mother, (unless there are other circumstances involved) you would have to wait until you received citizenship (currently 2 yrs) before you could sponsor her to get into Oz but then there are other issues with the amount of children she has in Oz in relation to how many she has here!!

Not very thorough i know, but hopefully someone else can give you more details???

Elaine x x x

P.S. Noticed it's your first post - welcome to the mad house!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

sharonfromessex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We have a 20 year old boy, we had to have proof that he was dependent on us, he was registered at University and then we had to send off copies of bank account details of money we had to pay to keep him etc, I'm not sure of the upper age linit though, I have a feeling it was 21, otherwise they have to apply on their own merit
sharon
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazzy
hi kazzy,

not sure about your mom but unless you can prove that your kids are fully dependent on you and are in full time education, then the answer is no as they will have to apply in their own right as independents.
debbie
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

elaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant future

Oooops.... thanks guys, i stand corrected!!