Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrate 2004 meet up

Emigrate 2004 meet up

Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emigrate 2004 meet up

Teach + partner, Helinuk + hubby are meeting at 2.15pm at the "penpals meeting point" on Saturday.
A show of hands would be good just so we know how many to look out for.
cheers
Helen
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:56 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Emigrate 2004 meet up

Originally posted by helinuk
Teach + partner, Helinuk + hubby are meeting at 2.15pm at the "penpals meeting point" on Saturday.
A show of hands would be good just so we know how many to look out for.
cheers
Helen

Hi helen

We will be there too

Hubby and me....

Nikki x
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

dawn a is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going tomorrow - thought it might be 2 busy at weekend.

Went last year - thought the sandwiches and coffee were a bit expensive - I'll be taking my own sandwiches this time - Cheese and ham on wholemeal - if you see me come and say hello

Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there ,me and delboy will be there ,we are not taking the kids so should hopefully get loads of info,it would be really nice to meet up for a drink of some kind see you there at 2.00pm saturday,ps how will i know who to look for.?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by delboy
hi there ,me and delboy will be there ,we are not taking the kids so should hopefully get loads of info,it would be really nice to meet up for a drink of some kind see you there at 2.00pm saturday,ps how will i know who to look for.?
HI DELBOY
There are 3 couples so far - hubby and are will be the slightly older ones - only just over the dreaded 45!! pm me your mobile no I'll give you ours
. look forward to seeing you saturday at the penpal meeting place
Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Myself and hubby will be there on Saturday and would like to meet up too! 2.30pm ok?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jamesy
Myself and hubby will be there on Saturday and would like to meet up too! 2.30pm ok?
we'll look out for you.
we'll be around the penpals area from 2-15.
fantastic we're up to 10 people now
looking forward to meeting you
Old Mar 20th 2004, 1:58 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we went on Saturday.

What an unpleasant experience.

Shan't go again. rIp off in the extreme.

Even the job agencies who had effexctively said "Go and we will sort you out there" let us down... waste of time.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 8:03 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,

Met up with helinuk and nikkers at Emigrate show today. Andrew and I waited until about 2.40 but then had to go as we had a long drive back. It was really nice to put faces to names. Sorry we missed anyone else who turned up. We found out quite a lot of useful info and also had our dream torn to shreds. Looks like the ex wife may beat us, well not if I have anything to do with it. Poor Andrew though, he had 15 years of her and now wants to give up without a fight as he knows she will not consent to any meds for his kids. I'm standing my ground, there must be something we can do..... well I live in hope anyway. Best wishes to you all.
Sarah
Old Mar 20th 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by teach
Hiya,

Met up with helinuk and nikkers at Emigrate show today. Andrew and I waited until about 2.40 but then had to go as we had a long drive back. It was really nice to put faces to names. Sorry we missed anyone else who turned up. We found out quite a lot of useful info and also had our dream torn to shreds. Looks like the ex wife may beat us, well not if I have anything to do with it. Poor Andrew though, he had 15 years of her and now wants to give up without a fight as he knows she will not consent to any meds for his kids. I'm standing my ground, there must be something we can do..... well I live in hope anyway. Best wishes to you all.
Sarah
Glad to hear you got back to Wales safely Good to meet you Teach., & Nikki + partners
We left at 3 with our bag of info. well worth us going for the free seminar on business visas alone. But the chat with Victoria Gov. and Go Matilda were very helpful too.