Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

'Emigrant' / one way insurance???

'Emigrant' / one way insurance???

Old Jan 12th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Question 'Emigrant' / one way insurance???

Hi again,

We're off to Oz this coming Friday and are looking for insurance which will cover our luggage and us etc for the trip over there as well as for a period of 2-4wks once there.

Most of the standard travel/holiday insurance WILL NOT COVER emigrants (so beware of that). Churchill will not cover you for example...

Have spoken to one company (Extrasure) who charge GBP50/person + 17.5 insurance tax.

Has anyone got other companies that will insure emigrants like us? I guess one way to do it is to get one-way travel cover and then get local Oz cover as soon as we land. Does anyone have local Oz insurance recommendations?

Thanks,

Piers
Old Jan 12th 2004, 2:44 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Speaking of which - does anyone know any pet insurnace companies who will insure a dog for the flight to Auckland?

What did other pet transporters do?
Old Jan 12th 2004, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

buglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 'Emigrant' / one way insurance???

Good point, Im glad u asked becuase im off to brissy in five weeks and i really need to get this kind of insurance. Any ideas yet?
Buglegirl
Old Jan 12th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 'Emigrant' / one way insurance???

A couple of people on here have recently recommended Patrick Leigh Travel Insurance. If you do a search for posts by 'Badgersmount' you'll see what he had to say about them, but he seemed pretty pleased. I think the website was www.pat-leigh.co.uk.