Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emergency trip to Australia - Proceedure

Emergency trip to Australia - Proceedure

Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

lincolnlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emergency trip to Australia - Proceedure

My de facto girlfirend will have to return to Austrlia for good due to a family emergency.

We are about to put in our aplication for my de facto visa which we planned to do next year. We think we have everything so we are nearly sure it will go through. (read all the help on this site)

I am worried that if I have to return to Australia in an Emergency I cannot get hold of my passport as it will be in for my visa (front ended application for speed). Is there anything I can do to speed the proceedure up or how can I get hold of my passport?

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emergency trip to Australia - Proceedure

Originally posted by lincolnlad
My de facto girlfirend will have to return to Austrlia for good due to a family emergency.

We are about to put in our aplication for my de facto visa which we planned to do next year. We think we have everything so we are nearly sure it will go through. (read all the help on this site)

I am worried that if I have to return to Australia in an Emergency I cannot get hold of my passport as it will be in for my visa (front ended application for speed). Is there anything I can do to speed the proceedure up or how can I get hold of my passport?

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
The only thing I can suggest (but not ideal due to time issues) is to get your passport certified instead of sending in the original, go to Australia as and when needs must and hope that you can get back in time for when they ask for your passport to put the visa into it.

The only problem you have is they do state you should be in the country you are applying in during your application.

Hope you work things out.

:scared:
Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:54 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Emergency trip to Australia - Proceedure

Originally posted by lincolnlad

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
Depending on the nature of the family emergency, why not ring up the Oz High Commission/whoever & just explain what's happened? Usually people are very sympathetic about family issues. A former colleague of mine had to negotiate something similar with the US immigration people (and they are renowned for being tough) when his Dad died suddenly, & found they could not have been more helpful & sympathetic.

Worth a go anyway. Good luck...

Anya.