Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Embarrassing moments

Embarrassing moments

Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Embarrassing moments

I have just crossed off Woolworths supermarkets from my places to frequent!!

Just popped in there to get a few items. Once i had flled my basket i approached the checkout and realised i needed to got o the little girls room. Seeing as all aisles had long queues, i decided to put my basket down n a vacant counter and make my way to the loos hte other side of the checkouts...as i passed through one, the checkout girl asked to check my bag... (not a problem)...

BUT...as i was showing the girl my bag, another teenage pimply bimbo YELLED across the floor at me "OYE...are you leaving htat basket there?..you better put hte stuff back!!" making everyone in the entire store stop and glare at me ... in my shock i meakly mumbles i was going ot the toilet. (i'm nearly wetting myself by this time!!!)

As i sat on the toilet, my anger swelled up and i thought...bugger it..how DARE she speak to me like that!!
When i returned into the store i aksed to see the manager. While i was waiting the cheeky little bimbo wlake dup and asked my if i needed any help......... i puffed up my chest and roared..

"YOU GOTTA BE JOKING...RIGHT???"... after seeing the rage in my eyes she quickly disappeared

so...as i said..woollies are now off my list!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL poor Podgy, you'll be missing out on the best cheeses if you dont shop at Woolies!.

BTW what did the manager say? He didnt offer you free Depends, did he?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

It was a female manager who also happened to be in the vicinity when it happened and she piped up before i had a hcance to speak and said she knew exactly why i wanted her and agreed it was unacceptable and she would take the staff member aside later and have a talk to her.

I didnt get a freebie though

I prefer shopping at Coles anyway..and they are right nextdoor to each other... Coles has a great selection here.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Nicky how awful, you should have left your basket by the customer service desk and told a member of staff that you would be back in 5 mins. I have had to do this a few times with Lottie "why do they always wanna go at the check outs eh"???

Was it the Woolies at Glenelg ? I shop at Aberfoyle Hub Woolies always helpful and friendly in there.

Juls
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes Juls..was at Glenelg.

I think i have just been unlucky with Woolies..they werent that great in NZ either.

I'll steer clear in future..
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Yes Juls..was at Glenelg.

I think i have just been unlucky with Woolies..they werent that great in NZ either.

I'll steer clear in future..

as the logo goes

"thats the wonder of wooooooooooolworths " now hummit all day long
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:07 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Embarrassing moments

Originally posted by podgypossum
I have just crossed off Woolworths supermarkets from my places to frequent!!

Just popped in there to get a few items. Once i had flled my basket i approached the checkout and realised i needed to got o the little girls room. Seeing as all aisles had long queues, i decided to put my basket down n a vacant counter and make my way to the loos hte other side of the checkouts...as i passed through one, the checkout girl asked to check my bag... (not a problem)...

BUT...as i was showing the girl my bag, another teenage pimply bimbo YELLED across the floor at me "OYE...are you leaving htat basket there?..you better put hte stuff back!!" making everyone in the entire store stop and glare at me ... in my shock i meakly mumbles i was going ot the toilet. (i'm nearly wetting myself by this time!!!)

As i sat on the toilet, my anger swelled up and i thought...bugger it..how DARE she speak to me like that!!
When i returned into the store i aksed to see the manager. While i was waiting the cheeky little bimbo wlake dup and asked my if i needed any help......... i puffed up my chest and roared..

"YOU GOTTA BE JOKING...RIGHT???"... after seeing the rage in my eyes she quickly disappeared

so...as i said..woollies are now off my list!
Comforting to know that *someone else* has a bladder the size of a humming bird's & also needs to pee in the supermarket (as it were) Thought it was only me....

Can anyone recommend good supermarket toilets in the Melbourne area by any chance?

Anya.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I would have to write a strong letter of complaint..........Its worth it..you might even get some freebies