British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   The email has landed........... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/email-has-landed-260736/)

lindseyden Oct 18th 2004 6:10 am

The email has landed...........

As of theis morning at 3.27 we officially have PR for the wonderful world of Australia. The email arrived from DIMIA and life feels so good today.

Fingers crossed and we may even exchange contracts on the house in the next couple of days.

Mandurah here we come in 6 weeks....and counting!!

Lindsey

harveyhare Oct 18th 2004 6:14 am

Re: The email has landed...........

Originally Posted by lindseyden
As of theis morning at 3.27 we officially have PR for the wonderful world of Australia. The email arrived from DIMIA and life feels so good today.

Fingers crossed and we may even exchange contracts on the house in the next couple of days.

Lindsey

Congratulations, you must be sooooooooo pleased !
Time for a few :beer: :beer: :beer:
Di

CK2B Oct 18th 2004 7:15 am

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Congratulations, you must be sooooooooo pleased !
Time for a few :beer: :beer: :beer:
Di

Congrats Lindsey and good luck with the house sale too - enjoy your new life in Perth.

CK

yvsie Oct 18th 2004 7:28 am

Lindsey

and the weather is hotting up nicely for you lindsey.....good luck!

chr1sarter Oct 18th 2004 7:58 am

Lindsey

Many Congrats Lindsey. Great Weather ahead. What was your time line.?

madsad Oct 18th 2004 8:00 am

Lindsey

Great news!!-Congratulations x
Donna.

DollyDaydream Oct 18th 2004 8:14 am

Lindsey

Good one Lindsey,

Congratulations on the visa and also megaloads of good luck for your exchange.

D D

Jacqui Oct 18th 2004 8:35 am

Congratulations and good luck with the house selling! Only 6 weeks to go, wow bet it's a real mixture of emotions for you right now!

Do you have friends or rellies in Mandurah? Or arriving here not knowing a soul?

We are just in the process of filling out our applications for citizenship, now that we've been here over two years, where does time go?

Springo Oct 18th 2004 8:43 am

Fanyastic news Lyndsey

Have a great life downunder.

Julia

Three Legs Oct 18th 2004 10:41 am

Gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'in there.

You beauty.

Mandurah eh ?

Luverly

:beer: Tonight...me thinks

All the best

Three Legs

Athena Oct 18th 2004 12:31 pm

Many congratulations! Tons of luck and best vibes are being sent your way from Italy :) !

Cheeky Oct 18th 2004 1:02 pm

Hi Lindsey,

Congratulations and Good Luck with the house!!! :D

Cheeky!!

nibblo Oct 18th 2004 2:06 pm

A big conga rat to you and your family
Hope you enjoy your new life in Aus. We are still trying to decide whether to go to Perth or Melbourne (have rellies in Perth - so slightly swayed towards there). I have to say I have looked at Mandurah and it looks beautiful - what made you decide there?
Anyway I had better carry on packing up boxes (moving into rented house in 2 weeks - just till visa arrives) otherwise my husband will think I just sit here looking at the expats website all day !!
Good luck with it all
Nibblo

Madhouse! Oct 18th 2004 2:22 pm

Congrats Lindsey and family, and very good luck with the house :)
We will be arriving a couple of weeks after you, so if you would like to meet up when you are settled let me know :D

Claire :)

lindseyden Oct 18th 2004 8:46 pm

Hi all and thank you very much for the messages of support. It looks like they may say on Friday once we have sorted a couple of very minor problems, here's hoping.

I'm not sure of the reason we chose Mandurah really. We live in a small tourist town in Devon which we really love so wanted something similar, although I do appreciate Mandurah is a lot bigger it also has a lot more to offer our children in the way of entertainment. We are going to rent initially but we do have some friends who live there and also come from the town we live and they absolutely love it and said we would feel the same.

There does seem to be quite a lot of people going to the Mandurah area so maybe we could arrange some sort of beach party once we are all there. Anyone up for it???????????

Lindsey