Ellenbrook

Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

rgvlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ellenbrook

I lived in joondalup for a few years, and it's nothing special.

Everyone will be different though, some will like one area, others another.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ellenbrook

I caught the train to Joondalup once. Fortunately there was another one leaving soon afterwards.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Anyone got a handover date yet? Our house is flying and we should be at lockup next week

We are expecting handover in late March / early April although the builder are playing it safe and still only comitting to their contracted date of early May...
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

LOL handover, I'll be happy when we get to site.

Going through scheduling at the moment. Nothing happened over xmas (expected).

On another note our retaining wall was finished yesterday and they have done a much better job this time around. I'm yet to have a closer look but it looks as though they've addressed all our concerns.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Looks like we will be in ours before you get a slab... only kidding

They have redone everyone's retaining walls by the look of it (including ours which we were happy with in the first place) they must have had quite a few complaints.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:02 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by clayts75
So have they designed it that all your downpipes run to the soakwells? My builder had them on the plans, wanted me to put 3 large soakwells in a row under my garden and then run all the downpipes to them. This would take forever to dig, with or without machinery!!
I asked for a quote from the builder but they didn't even want to do it. From what i've heard most of them don't, and if they do they charge like wounded bulls!! Just have to make sure the missus works on her shoulder strength before this job is required!! LOL
Our builder has given us a number for a local soakwell fitter who is supposed to charge $200 per soakwell. Given that we need 11 in total i'm hoping thats right. I'll get his number for you if you want it?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

11 how big is your house !!!

We have got two but they are massive
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:19 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
11 how big is your house !!!

We have got two but they are massive
We were told we had to have one at each down pipe, maybe these ones are smaller??? I have seen some soakwells and thought myself that surely we dont need 11?
I'll double check at prestart next week.

Only building a 4x2
Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

clayts75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Our builder has given us a number for a local soakwell fitter who is supposed to charge $200 per soakwell. Given that we need 11 in total i'm hoping thats right. I'll get his number for you if you want it?
Hey,
I got a few quotes recently and the best was Soakwell Solutions. Quoted me $1800inc gst for 14 soakwells. Next best quote was for $2035. If you try Soakwell Solutions ask for Henry, he was really helpful
Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Anyone got a handover date yet? Our house is flying and we should be at lockup next week

We are expecting handover in late March / early April although the builder are playing it safe and still only comitting to their contracted date of early May...
Your place is looking great Ian!! I have been chasing up my builder trying to get a handover date from them and the best i can get is "ohhhh, it's usually 3 months or so from lock-up."
Well, it's been a month now and the cabinet work for bathrooms/kitchen is supposed to be completed by end of next week. Ceilings and doors have been painted. Can't believe that she thinks it's 6-8 weeks after the cabinet work until first inspection!! I know they hate to commit to any time frames but that's bloody slow in anyone's language!!! lol
Anyway, as long as they do it properly i guess i don't really care. I think my place is one of the few remaining to have the walls relocated. This is due to the builder taking forever to do a site clean. Had the same full skip there for about 6 weeks now.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We were told we had to have one at each down pipe, maybe these ones are smaller??? I have seen some soakwells and thought myself that surely we dont need 11?
I'll double check at prestart next week.

Only building a 4x2
We have 8 downpipes (which also collect water from the 2nd storey) and 3 concrete soakwells. My OH arranged for 3 larger soakwells and for the downpipes to be connected up to them underground. I would have thought it would be much cheaper to dig 3 massive holes rather than 11 smaller ones. Get more quotes (preferably from someone more knowledgeable) and suggest connecting them up. My OH used a company in Karrinyup. The soakwells have to be properly installed, soil above can collapse and be dangerous in the garden.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Your place is looking great Ian!
Thanks We are pretty happy with it at the moment, of course there are a few things which are making me think "damn why didnt we change that" which is a given with it being our first build but overall it's looking good and its going to be perfect for us.

Cant wait to see it finished now there are some things which I really cant wait to see and hoping we dont get any delays as we are pretty fixed as when we need to be in with our current rental expiring in early May...
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:36 am
Living the dream

Hey,
I got a few quotes recently and the best was Soakwell Solutions. Quoted me $1800inc gst for 14 soakwells. Next best quote was for $2035. If you try Soakwell Solutions ask for Henry, he was really helpful

Thanks for that
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Looks like we will be in ours before you get a slab... only kidding

They have redone everyone's retaining walls by the look of it (including ours which we were happy with in the first place) they must have had quite a few complaints.
We shouldn't be too far away from site. Our original estimates of handover july/aug/sept are still on track, we signed up in June 2010 so naturally we're behind a few people.

There's always a silver lining though, we're glad the slab didn't go down before xmas, we'd have to start paying the mortgage! Hopefully the additional time will give the property market a bit of time to recover as we'll have our current place to sell when the new place is done.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rgvlee
We shouldn't be too far away from site. Our original estimates of handover july/aug/sept are still on track, we signed up in June 2010 so naturally we're behind a few people.

There's always a silver lining though, we're glad the slab didn't go down before xmas, we'd have to start paying the mortgage! Hopefully the additional time will give the property market a bit of time to recover as we'll have our current place to sell when the new place is done.
I finally managed to get a meeting with my supervisor(this is the 3rd one apparently!!) and looks like end of March at best now for handover. Was supposed to be late February but hardly any of the tradies have been booked so now it's a case of playing catch up.
At this rate i'm thinking you will be in before me mate!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.