Ellenbrook?

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

whinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ellenbrook?

Originally Posted by aston man
take a tip from the ozzies darlin,cruzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... ...
nightnurse is my pal.........

i love it there it was my first choice....yes thats right..

was it ast?

yes thats right..

no...

yes thats right....ive been a bloody idiot...
Sorry about shooting off. I'd just had three people on the trot who probably haven't been near it in 10 years refer to Ellenbrook as "little Balga".
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

whinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the roughwhinging_pom is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ellenbrook?

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
My children went to Ellenbrook Primary (in Woodlake) when we first arrived here. The school is OK, not bad but not excellent either.
Arbor Grove Primary (in Charlotte's Vineyard) is quite new and more than likely OK.
Ellen Stirling Primary (in Coolamon?) it could be a new catholic senior, not sure, hasn't opened yet, it's due to open Feb 2009 (not too sure about that one!)
St. Helena's Primary (woodlake) I've been told is good.
Swan Valley Anglican (in Averley) as Loch Lomond says, is a good school, relatively new.
Ellenbrook Christian College (in the Bridges) goes from kindy to senior and is where my children go. It's a very good school with high expectations and morals. It costs us $1168 per term for 2 children (you get reduced rate for a second child and an even greater reduction for a third!).
Don't know anything about Upper Swan Primary.
Midland Christian College is one of a group in the Swan area, Ellenbrook Christian College being another. I'm sure it is on par with ECC.
There's also Ellenbrook Secondary which opened Feb 07. I have friends with children there and they say they are very happy with it.
We would love to send our eldest to Guildford Grammar, it is expensive, so will have to give it some thought!
Hope this helps
There is also some up to date information in Wikipedia under Ellenbrook.

New Catholic High School is due to begin construction soon. Catholic primary fees work out at about $250 per month for 2 kids. Catholic high schools start from about $4k up to about $7k per annum, dpending on the school. Until the new school (Holy Cross IIRC) opens the closest is La Salle in Midland - there is apparently a bus run by the school every day. I can't comment on the quality of the schools but I know a few of the kids and parents at the primary who think it is good. I know the primary uses multi age grouping (MAG) - i.e. single classes with multiple years in it. Some people like this; some don't.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the train link. The planning and infrastructure minister, Alannah McTiernan, has repeatedly inidicated it'll be a cold day in hell before she approves it - she believes the trainline would not pass through enough suburbs on the way. Sorry that should read "is low down the priority list for spending". Swan council has lobbied for the trainline to be built sooner. An alternate route has also been propsed that would make use of an exisitng freight line through the valley rather than the proposed Reid highway/Lord street route. But Alannah has rained on this parade. She has promised to "look at" improving the bus service instead but no firm commitment or timetable. So basically, we're left with the transport system put in place for 2 500 houses for a town that shortly will have 15 000