Reload this Page >

Electricity Costs to rise in Queensland in July

Electricity Costs to rise in Queensland in July

Old May 28th 2010, 9:12 am
ABCDiamond

Default Electricity Costs to rise in Queensland in July

May 28, 2010
Queensland Electricity prices will rise by 13.29 per cent on July 1, 2010

This latest rise means that Electricity prices in Queensland will have risen by an average of 9.6% per year over the last 5 years. Greater than the rise in CPI.

Graph from www.rockhamptonregion.com.au

Old May 28th 2010, 11:39 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of
Default Re: Electricity Costs to rise in Queensland in July

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
May 28, 2010
Queensland Electricity prices will rise by 13.29 per cent on July 1, 2010

This latest rise means that Electricity prices in Queensland will have risen by an average of 9.6% per year over the last 5 years. Greater than the rise in CPI.

http://www.abcdiamond.com/australia/...city-costs.png
Graph from www.rockhamptonregion.com.au
I guess that's what you get for drinking sea water.
Old May 28th 2010, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

As me boiler is currently on the wonk, i've been introduced to the T31 low tariff thing I have for me hot water. 60% cheaper rate, but only active from 10 or 11pm (web say 1, the call to them say another ...lol) to 7am. Either way when working, we have / use heaps of hot water and last bill was $53 for the quarter compared to $490 for the (what they call) T11 tariff (all leccy bar the hot water).

All i'm trying to say is it's something that's surely worth looking into, especially as it aint gettin no cheaper!! ...
Old May 28th 2010, 12:47 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
As me boiler is currently on the wonk, i've been introduced to the T31 low tariff thing I have for me hot water. 60% cheaper rate, but only active from 10 or 11pm (web say 1, the call to them say another ...lol) to 7am. Either way when working, we have / use heaps of hot water and last bill was $53 for the quarter compared to $490 for the (what they call) T11 tariff (all leccy bar the hot water).

All i'm trying to say is it's something that's surely worth looking into, especially as it aint gettin no cheaper!! ...
Why not just go for a gas generator ? The heat expelled heats our water, which in the summer converts to cool air.
Old May 28th 2010, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Why not just go for a gas generator ? The heat expelled heats our water, which in the summer converts to cool air.
Never looked into to be honest. Solar is something that I think makes sense, but am yet to further than a quick Google.

Is it expensive, and do I need gas in me street?
Old May 28th 2010, 1:12 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Never looked into to be honest. Solar is something that I think makes sense, but am yet to further than a quick Google.

Is it expensive, and do I need gas in me street?
http://www.capstoneturbine.com/prodsol/

You will need gas and price depends on size
Old May 28th 2010, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
http://www.capstoneturbine.com/prodsol/

You will need gas and price depends on size
Cheers