Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

electricians will my uk solar training stand up in oz

electricians will my uk solar training stand up in oz

Old May 16th 2011, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

andyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really niceandyj7393 is just really nice
Default electricians will my uk solar training stand up in oz

hi an electrician moving to south australia, i have 22years experiance and am fully qualified, including c&G 2391 AND solar pv.
question will my solar qualifications stand up in oz or will i have to retrain?
cheers andy
Old May 16th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice
Default Re: electricians will my uk solar training stand up in oz

As I am sure you're aware,uk electrical qualifications are not recognised in australia, hence all the problems with getting a licence to work.So in answer to your question I doubt that uk solar training will be recognised either.

Check out the electricians thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

There is always loads of help on there.
Paul
Old May 16th 2011, 9:58 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulandcelia
As I am sure you're aware,uk electrical qualifications are not recognised in australia, hence all the problems with getting a licence to work.So in answer to your question I doubt that uk solar training will be recognised either.

Check out the electricians thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

There is always loads of help on there.
Paul
uk electrical qualifications are recognised in australia, although you will need to do an au wiring standards course to bring you up to speed on au wiriing regulations, each state has its own version / idea of what is required to be compentent in au regs so you`ll need to look at the states electrical safety office for the area where you intend living,

as per the above poster check out the info in the sparkies forum

regards steve
Old May 16th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
uk electrical qualifications are recognised in australia, although you will need to do an au wiring standards course to bring you up to speed on au wiriing regulations, each state has its own version / idea of what is required to be compentent in au regs so you`ll need to look at the states electrical safety office for the area where you intend living,

as per the above poster check out the info in the sparkies forum

regards steve
Like I said loads of helpful people on there.And most know more than me
Cheers for keeping me right steve'o.