electricians wages

Old Jun 27th 2004, 5:42 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road
Default electricians wages

Hi could someone please advise on electcians wages thanks
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future
Default Re: electricians wages

Originally posted by kendra1
hi there
my husband is an electrician,we r in perth ,we got here 4weeks ago.......once he has sat his exam(next week,u need to,to get a license!)he could earn about $800 a week,however if he goes bck to college and does a subis test(paper work, book work,and health and saftey and account work) and course and works 4 himself,he cud earn alot more..........

hope this helps
natasha
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:21 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: electricians wages

Originally posted by kendra1
Hi there,
Im an Electrician and heading to Brisbane on 15th sept.
Whilst waiting to gain my license i can earn around $20-$29 an hour as an Electricians hand(mate) where the supervisor has to check your work every day,
But after gaining your license i can earn anything from $35-$100 an hour.
It varies a lot in different states, and Perth is a lot lower wages than Bris.

Darren.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice
Smile

Can anyone tell me what the exam involves?

Its been a while since I sat any electrical exams so it may be worth swatting up on before I go.

Cheers,
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:39 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by terrym

Its been a while since I sat any electrical exams so it may be worth swatting up on before I go.

Cheers,

It depends on what state you are going to?
By the sounds of it Perth is the Strictest(Hardest)where you have to do practical, written, and CPR
In Queensland where i am heading every one is assessed differently depending on what qualifications you have already.
You have to do a CPR course also(first aid).
Ive heard thru various sources and in contact with Electricians in Brisbane that i will probably have to do a multilpe guess...sorry choice.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

Yeah, funny you should say that!

I've just finished my First Aid at work course.

Should come in handy.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Should come in handy.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:01 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Should come in handy.

I enquired about that because i was going to do one over here but apparentely it is not recognised over there.
I have been advised by the TRA to do it over there.

Darren
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Darren,

The wage rates you mention seem a bit optimistic, but I hope your right!

The test in Brisbane involves an exam on the wiring rules, you need to answer the question and put the rule number in the boxes.

Terry
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

If you want low wages, battle it out for city based householders purses.

If you want high wages, work on mine site constructions.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Cheers,
For WA check out previous threa from Baldbutts

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=baldbutts

Loopy
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:46 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Terry
Hi Darren,

The wage rates you mention seem a bit optimistic, but I hope your right!

The test in Brisbane involves an exam on the wiring rules, you need to answer the question and put the rule number in the boxes.

Terry
Having been on the receiving end of Electricians charges, then Darren may be right !!

$193.50 to replace 5 Circuit Breakers. Thats before GST.

I could have bought the circuit breakers for $9.84 each in Bunnings. So thats $150 labour !!

It's good if you work for yourself.

Another bill, from a different Electrician, was $100 to install a safety switch. I don't know what the item cost was in this case though.

Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:52 am
ABCDiamond

To see what the public have to pay for an Electrician, this web site energex has some useful figures.

Obviously, employees don't get that much, but I would expect most self employed can, once they get the licence.

The first half hour of electrical work will be charged at $75 and each subsequent 30 minutes charged at only $35. Before your home electrician arrives, it’s worth checking for things like damaged electrical wiring, cracked or damaged powerpoints or areas where additional powerpoints are needed. Having all your electrical repairs and improvements done at the same time will save you money in the long run.

home electrician schedule of labour charges:

* First 30 minutes work – $75
* First hour – $110
* Two hours – $180
* Three hours – $250

Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Having been on the receiving end of Electricians charges, then Darren may be right !!

$193.50 to replace 5 Circuit Breakers. Thats before GST.

I could have bought the circuit breakers for $9.84 each in Bunnings. So thats $150 labour !!

It's good if you work for yourself.

Another bill, from a different Electrician, was $100 to install a safety switch. I don't know what the item cost was in this case though.

Considering what sparkles have to go through to get there licence and have to re-apply for it each year being a contractor which isn’t free and the personal insurances we have to pay and petrol, up keep of tools and meters (calibration each year), vehicle deprecation, tax charges and account charges etc
You would prob work out the price wasn’t as bad as you make out

In glad I don’t work for the public ive heard this so many times before
Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bussie
Considering what sparkles have to go through to get there licence and have to re-apply for it each year being a contractor which isn’t free and the personal insurances we have to pay and petrol, up keep of tools and meters (calibration each year), vehicle deprecation, tax charges and account charges etc
You would prob work out the price wasn’t as bad as you make out

In glad I don’t work for the public ive heard this so many times before
LOL
I agree

You should hear the tradesmen complain when I charged them $100-$120ph for being their accountant

Well, I did have computer depreciation etc etc

I do know exactly what you mean, as I've been self employed, in various forms, almost all my life, and dealing with payment from the public is not the best part

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.