Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ELECTRICIANS or tradesman everybody read

ELECTRICIANS or tradesman everybody read

Old Jan 30th 2003, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

tmmykatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ELECTRICIANS or tradesman everybody read

Hello there everybody, can anybody tell me if there is any work in australia for electricians i would love to emigrate, i have been on this website twice and i think its great listening to real people.
Also would it be better to go on a working visa for 6 months or to apply straight away, which way do you have more choices.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ELECTRICIANS or tradesman everybody read

Baldbutts himself (the one and only) is a sparky so talk to him. There are loads of tradespeople on the site. My hubbie is a chippie and we (and BB) are heading to Perth.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 4:39 pm
Dudley

Originally posted by tmmykatie
Hello there everybody, can anybody tell me if there is any work in australia for electricians i would love to emigrate, i have been on this website twice and i think its great listening to real people.
Also would it be better to go on a working visa for 6 months or to apply straight away, which way do you have more choices.
The best dough is on big projects - often on remote mining sites or commercial buildings. Have a go at contacting some of the bigger contractors before getting too serious either way. That way you might get lucky and find a job waiting for you.

Old Jan 30th 2003, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Grub
Baldbutts himself (the one and only) is a sparky so talk to him. There are loads of tradespeople on the site. My hubbie is a chippie and we (and BB) are heading to Perth.

My husband is a gas fitter and we are heading to Perth also.

yve
Old Jan 30th 2003, 6:51 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future
Cool Re: ELECTRICIANS or tradesman everybody read

im a welder and im to heading to Perth.
have you looked on this site for available jobs:- http://www.jobsearch.gov.au

this should give you some idea whats out there and the wages they pay.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a plumber and I'm going to Perth too, soon they'll be no tradespeople left in UK we'll all be in Perth, do you think theyll be enough work?
Old Jan 30th 2003, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by denhim

This is a good site to look at but it is worth noting that the jobs advertised on here are only open to those currently registered unemployed within Australia - I am on of the 1000's in that position.

The best site to look at is www.seek.com.au

Sharon
Old Jan 30th 2003, 8:40 pm
Dudley

Hi denhim,

Can't say what they pay but have a look at:

http://business.thewest.com.au/ad-li...3013105371100n

and other ads on that site. Looks a job in the bush.

Old Jan 30th 2003, 8:49 pm
Dudley

Originally posted by tomtanktop
I'm a plumber and I'm going to Perth too, soon they'll be no tradespeople left in UK we'll all be in Perth, do you think theyll be enough work?
Think of an market angle that none of the locals have discovered and you'll do very well. Or go bush on mining camp contracts where fewer others want to go.

Otherwise you'll be on ordinary wages - if you can get them.

Old Jan 30th 2003, 8:55 pm
plumber39

plumber/gas engineer/oftec oil engineer. heading for Gold coast.
last tradesmen leaving the uk ,please turn off the light.!

Last edited by plumber39; Jan 30th 2003 at 8:58 pm.

Old Jan 30th 2003, 9:10 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tmmykatie
I'm a toolmaker but i'm heading for New Zealand mind you there doesnt seem to be heaps of work where i want to go in the Bay of Plenty but then again i may not be looking in the right places
Cheers!
Old Jan 30th 2003, 9:32 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Dudley
Hi denhim,

Can't say what they pay but have a look at:

http://business.thewest.com.au/ad-li...3013105371100n

and other ads on that site. Looks a job in the bush.

god i cant believe if i got that job that i would have to fly to work.. mind you ive heard you can make a fortune working in the bush. like a couple of years working out there would earn you enough money to buy a house outright (and a mate who is living in oz for over 20 years told me this pb before you say anything negative) mind you the flies would do my head in tho.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:13 am
Dudley

god i cant believe if i got that job that i would have to fly to work.. mind you ive heard you can make a fortune working in the bush. like a couple of years working out there would earn you enough money to buy a house outright (and a mate who is living in oz for over 20 years told me this pb before you say anything negative) mind you the flies would do my head in tho.
Could be a good adventure if you've got the stomach for it. Just make sure you stay away from grog, gambling and fights and give up the job if it starts to send you "tropo".

Old Jan 31st 2003, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by tomtanktop
Hi
We are from Horsham also,
c-ya Dave and Yve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default pipefitting work

I am looking for pipefitters work in australia but find little info on it on the internet in australia is it called something else there?

I have worked on the oil rigs and oil/gas sites etc for years now and would hope to move there if i could get some work in what i was trained to do thats until i wish to learn something else

where can i find my line of work and rates of pay etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.