Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electricians JIB card

Wikiposts

Electricians JIB card

Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Electricians JIB card

I'm just applying for my JIB card at the moment, I heard a little rumour that, if you have a JIB card it makes it much easier for your A grade licence. Does anyone know if this is true.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Electricians JIB card

It helps, but you still need to sit the exams, both written & practical & pay the fees that they require.

Leezo

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
I'm just applying for my JIB card at the moment, I heard a little rumour that, if you have a JIB card it makes it much easier for your A grade licence. Does anyone know if this is true.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

How does it help? I am getting it any way, just wandered.
Are the fees much, and how r the exams. and is there plenty of work. THANKS
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

JIB or SJIB card proves that you are a sparky & avoids the possiblity that they may request that you sit the 18 week course instead of just the exams. If possible also bring copies of your references that you sent for your TRA to the licencing office as they can be reviewed by the licensing board when they make the decision of you doing the course or the exams.

Exams were fairly basic stuff, but you need to get your hands on their regs book & learn the aussie way of working.

Fees in WA for Written Exam was $25 and lasted approx 3 hours, Practical Exam was $110 and lasted approx 4 hours.

A Grade Licence cost $280 on sucessful completion of exams.

There are jobs out here for Sparky's and some jobs to be had before you get your A Grade - many jobs do require your A grade though.

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
How does it help? I am getting it any way, just wandered.
Are the fees much, and how r the exams. and is there plenty of work. THANKS
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh wow thanks for your help