Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electricians - Australian wiring rules

Electricians - Australian wiring rules

Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough
Default Electricians - Australian wiring rules

I bought a hard copy of the Australian Wiring Rules (AS/NZS3000,2000) a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed with the way the book is bound. The pages are likely to tear out from the rings binding them. I also wasn't too impressed with the fact it doesn't include cable selection tables. You have to buy the cable selection tables seperately in a different book.

I am considering buying it (I think its the AS/NZS AS3008) as a PDF file so I can print off whatever relevant pages I need whenever I want. Has anyone else bought a PDF copy of any of the wiring rules books and if so how have you found them? Are there any restrictions to printing from them? They seem pretty expensive too.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 10:37 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Electricians - Australian wiring rules

Originally Posted by migrantoz
I bought a hard copy of the Australian Wiring Rules (AS/NZS3000,2000) a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed with the way the book is bound. The pages are likely to tear out from the rings binding them. I also wasn't too impressed with the fact it doesn't include cable selection tables. You have to buy the cable selection tables seperately in a different book.

I am considering buying it (I think its the AS/NZS AS3008) as a PDF file so I can print off whatever relevant pages I need whenever I want. Has anyone else bought a PDF copy of any of the wiring rules books and if so how have you found them? Are there any restrictions to printing from them? They seem pretty expensive too.

I downloaded a pdf version of 3000, 3008 and 1017 and have had no problems with them. The website says that you are only licenced to make 1 copy but I was able to make a couple. The ideal bit is that you can print off a load of notes yourself or even print off Baldbutts thread on how to pass you licence (you'll need to search for this) and then get it all bound up together so you can take the whole lot into your exam when you get here.

Good luck,

Steve.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:38 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
I downloaded a pdf version of 3000, 3008 and 1017 and have had no problems with them. The website says that you are only licenced to make 1 copy but I was able to make a couple. The ideal bit is that you can print off a load of notes yourself or even print off Baldbutts thread on how to pass you licence (you'll need to search for this) and then get it all bound up together so you can take the whole lot into your exam when you get here.

Good luck,

Steve.
i know this is dead hard faced but any chance of having a copy???

regards steve
spark going to brisbane oct 2006
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Where did you download these PDF files from please
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:46 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Where did you download these PDF files from please

http://www.standards.com.au/catalogu...0&Db=AS&Max=15

Steve.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:34 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SteveBannister

Good luck,

Steve.
if i get this right here's the link for the Baldbutts thread, WELL WELL worth a read. personaly have saved a link for it. so here it is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=172161&pp=15