Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electrician help wanted.

Electrician help wanted.

Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:12 am
Just Joined

adrian123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician help wanted.

I am nearly an A grade sparky in Melbourne. Hopefully get it this week.
Just need some advice. As mainly an industrial sparky just wondering the best way to get through the middle joists in domestic to wire sockets without wrecking the plaster.
Also the best way over here to fish down cavaties for outside lights. I know sound simple so any advice would be a help.
Cheers
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Electrician help wanted.

You may be better asking the question in the Electricians Forum on this site :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:59 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by adrian123
Just need some advice. As mainly an industrial sparky just wondering the best way to get through the middle joists in domestic to wire sockets without wrecking the plaster.
Also the best way over here to fish down cavaties for outside lights. I know sound simple so any advice would be a help.
Cheers
Hi bud you use drill bit extension rods..................drill top beam then thread the extensions together and away you go But you keep the drill in the right place or
You can get them from good trade tool shop good ones are not cheap
With fishing for wiring I use a plastic loop push down cavities on the outside wall side of the cavitie then push wiring in to wall pull up loop
Martin
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:00 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

if its an internal wall with horizontal studwork you`ll need a long wood bit
cnw do a range of 20 and 25mm woodbits with 1 or 1.5 mtr extention bits just for this

depends on the construction of the house mate if its wooden frame with brick veneer you can usually get up the cavity with a solid fish rod or a small trunking lid if its wooden frame with no cavity and a tile roof slide a tile out and do the same as for an internal wall if its colourband roof its a bitch and it`ll be knit one pearl one down the inside plaster / studwork and back entry into the wall light

good luck

regards steve
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:10 am
Just Joined

adrian123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice and will give it a go