Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electrician help

Electrician help

Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Angelofmercy186 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician help

I am a fully qualified uk sparkie(17th, 2391, JIB) and we are hoping to come over early 2014. we have a migration agent sorted and going through the motions. the agent has suggested going through vetassess. I no there is slim to no chance of gettin a position as a restricted sparkie. how have others managed this?
Would it be possible to not tell TRA about vetassess and go this route? I am lookin into Melbourne as I have friends there. Does Victoria allow this?
I would like Melbourne but would consider anywhere aslong as there was a position.
Also how have people managed to get sponsorship?
Its annoying because I keep wondering if it will be possible to get over and get work. I was looking into down under tradies but I have read bad things.
Will be coming over with financee and a little en, I am 28 at the moment.
Any and all help would be appriciated.
Nick
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician help

Originally Posted by Angelofmercy186

I am a fully qualified uk sparkie(17th, 2391, JIB) and we are hoping to come over early 2014. we have a migration agent sorted and going through the motions. the agent has suggested going through vetassess. I no there is slim to no chance of gettin a position as a restricted sparkie. how have others managed this?
Would it be possible to not tell TRA about vetassess and go this route? I am lookin into Melbourne as I have friends there. Does Victoria allow this?
I would like Melbourne but would consider anywhere aslong as there was a position.
Its annoying because I keep wondering if it will be possible to get over and get work. I was looking into down under tradies but I have read bad things.
Nick
Nick depends on your experience and which area of electrical work you have been in.
Plenty of work going on in the ICT industry
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angelofmercy186

Nick
if your emigrating from the uk to au as on a skilled visa as a sparkie you wont have any option but to get your skills tested via vettesses, once your here you can short circuit the process pardon the pun by applying for an artc via the tra melbourne, this is for licensing purposes only ( its quicker with an artc than a vettesess cert )

if you need help or any info have a lok on our own electricians section
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

regards steve

tra = trades recognition australia
artc = Australian recognized trade certificate
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Angelofmercy186 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info, I was planning on doing the vetassess to get residency for a few years, then when here goin the ARTC route when arrive.