Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electricals - what will work?

Electricals - what will work?

Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Electricals - what will work?

Our shippers will be finalised soon and although I thought I have a good idea of what electrical goods to and dont work in Oz could someone just put my mind at rest once and for all.

Do TV's work in Oz?
Are UK telephones compatable with the Oz system?
Is the electricity supply compatable with our equipment meaning it's just a case of buying loads of plugs and changing them?

Thanks for your help

Rob
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricals - what will work?

Originally Posted by Rabc
Our shippers will be finalised soon and although I thought I have a good idea of what electrical goods to and dont work in Oz could someone just put my mind at rest once and for all.

Do TV's work in Oz?
Are UK telephones compatable with the Oz system?
Is the electricity supply compatable with our equipment meaning it's just a case of buying loads of plugs and changing them?

Thanks for your help

Rob
On the whole TV;s do work , all of ours did, you may need to route them thru a digi box or foxtel, both of which you buy here.

Telephones NO dont work, dont bother, dont scrimp ya tite ass, australia has cheap fones too

Electricity same as UK.

TIP OF THE DAY

Dont replace all ya plugs. just get a sh*t load of travel adaptors from a carboot and bring em with yas !!! MUCH CHEAPER

Argos sell them toooo
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:51 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

As ever room for debate - my digital cordless phone works here brought from UK.
so if its an expensive superdooper one bring it - if its not hten dump it and get an approved aussie one from here.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all, much appreciated. I am a tight-arse with a super dooper phone so in the crate it goes!

Cheers

Rob