Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

electrical license

electrical license

Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

joelewsley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical license

I have just got my SA electrical license and found out I cant transfer it to QLD. surely there must be another way of doing this other than enrolling at tafe in QLD.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electrical license

Originally Posted by joelewsley
I have just got my SA electrical license and found out I cant transfer it to QLD. surely there must be another way of doing this other than enrolling at tafe in QLD.
Show them this, and ask why:

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

and just in case you don't get anywhere, contact these guys http://www.aat.gov.au/
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

joelewsley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
and just in case you don't get anywhere, contact these guys http://www.aat.gov.au/
thanks if this dont work i think il get a lawyer,
i heard that QLD licensing is changing the legislation but hopefully this dont happen until after xmas
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks if this dont work i think il get a lawyer,
i heard that QLD licensing is changing the legislation but hopefully this dont happen until after xmas
This may also come in useful http://www.coag.gov.au/mutual_recogn...onal_model.cfm

Especially the bottom bit (5.6)

Good luck, let us know how you get on
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:51 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

who says you carnt ??

federal law is that each state has to recognise theother states electrical licences under mutual recognition
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o
who says you carnt ??

federal law is that each state has to recognise theother states electrical licences under mutual recognition
Sounds like they're trying it on doesn't it.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they're trying it on doesn't it.
yeah
hear of employers insisting on qld licences all the time
not a legal requirement but as employers decide who to employ you have to bend to suit
the licencing department however should comply with the law

the problem ive found with any goverment department is that who ever answers the phone thinks they can interperet the rules as they see it
( well it certainly seems that way at times )
when i first looked into applying for my contractors i was told no, not till i`d had an electrical licence for over 12 months
chris at qet http://www.qet.edu.au/ told me to speak to a certain memeber of the licencing team who were ( in his words more clued up ) and the application went straight through

ps hows sunny yorkshire
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o
yeah
hear of employers insisting on qld licences all the time
not a legal requirement but as employers decide who to employ you have to bend to suit
the licencing department however should comply with the law

the problem ive found with any goverment department is that who ever answers the phone thinks they can interperet the rules as they see it
( well it certainly seems that way at times )
when i first looked into applying for my contractors i was told no, not till i`d had an electrical licence for over 12 months
chris at qet http://www.qet.edu.au/ told me to speak to a certain memeber of the licencing team who were ( in his words more clued up ) and the application went straight through

ps hows sunny yorkshire
Yes, I think that happens a lot. If they don't know the answer, they just make it up!

Yorkshire is COLD! Can't wait to get home now!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:25 pm
Worongary

Yes, I think that happens a lot. If they don't know the answer, they just make it up!

Yorkshire is COLD! Can't wait to get home now!
shouldnt say this but its 29 degrees at the mo