Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electrical Licence

Electrical Licence

Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electrical Licence

Hiya everyone been in Perth for 6 months now, basically finding it hard to settle here and thinking of moving to Brisbane which we were originally going to do.

What I wanted to know is if you take your electrical licence exam in WA can you just transfer it over to Queensland I know you have to resit it visa versa.

Visiting friends in Ormiston in August to have a good look round for a week and to see what work is available for Electrical Project Manager/Supervisor. Graham has been applying for loasda jobs over there in the last few weeks but at present no response hoping thats not a sign of no work.

Have noticed house prices gone up but heeard they are expected to drop a bit in the future, here in Perth the prices are going up and up, we bought 3 months ago and on valuation last week was told ours has gone up $30,000 good for us bad for new immigrants !!!!!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kath

p.s. I used to post on here a couple of years ago when we first applied to mirgrate, everyones changed see McMercer and ABC still here not many other names I recognise
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Electrical Licence

Kath,

What don't you like about Perth? We are coming on a reccie next March and have Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane in mind for areas to live. My husband is an electrician as well, is it hard to find electrical jobs in Perth? Might narrow our search down.

Hope you get settled soon.

Lorraine
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Licence

Originally Posted by cybie
Kath,

What don't you like about Perth? We are coming on a reccie next March and have Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane in mind for areas to live. My husband is an electrician as well, is it hard to find electrical jobs in Perth? Might narrow our search down.

Hope you get settled soon.

Lorraine
Its not that I dont like Perth but I wanna keep my options open have found it to be a bit restrictive but saying that have been told once hes got his licence theres plenty of work but Grahams more industrial management side and he doesnt really wanna go on the mines and many do here.

Lovely beached etc here and made great new friends but I know what people say now about it being isolated I laughed it off before but even booking flights to Brisbane I realised even that costs a bloody fortune but we booked virginblue at the weekend and got the flights at special down from $4,000 for 5 of us (flights only that is!!!) to $1,500 as they had a weekend "sale on".

(Hope i dont get moaned at now