Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

electrical licence

electrical licence

Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road
Default electrical licence

went to get my licence application started today and was told that the panel that assess it has come to the end of there term so i will have to wait until the minister apoints a new one which could take ages and no one can tell me how long

god they want you to work when you get here but dont make it very easy do they

looks like i will have to find another job doing something esle
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:56 am
Goodpubmisser

You will have to get used to this sort of bungling in Australia.

Sad to say that the real reason why they get migrants over here is not to work in a "needed trade/profession" but because they want you here.

A skilled migrant is seen as a source of income for Australia, i.e they bring over money, buy housing, usually accept lower wages than the locals etc.

As for the trade/profession - if you can get a job in it again Australia wins. Another country has spent out a lot of money to train you.

You could go for your licence in another state but I don't know if it will be accepted in WA.

Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

just had a phone call from the energy licencing body of WA and they told me that i would have to obtian an ARTC certificate from the TRA which is more work and will take more time cant believe these people

i got a jib contracted apprentership deploma
qualifications from electrical installation to onc electrical engineering, electronics servicing pt 1 and 2
all in all i counted 25 city and guilds certificates
reference letters from when i did my tra pre migration certificate from both the companys i have worked for

and up to date references from my ex employer before i left
and also a reference from lendlease who i did alot of work for with my previous employer

cant believe this is not enough for them to say yes you can go and do the two exams to gain your licence

no i got to waist more time and money getting a ARTC

welll im welll pissed off im so qualified and cant get a poxey licence

be warned sparkies coming to perth

my wife has just told me im turning into a winging pomme

well today i am