Reload this Page >

electrical goods

electrical goods

Old Feb 9th 2003, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical goods

I

Last edited by thewoods; Feb 12th 2003 at 12:14 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2003, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

David Gray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: electrical goods

Originally posted by sheridan
I have heard that all electrical goods have to be tested when taken into Australia - is this correct

No - none of ours were tested - the customs and quarantine guys seem pretty zealous so I imagine if there was a requirement it would get inforced!

The following might also help:

Buy half a dozen Oz to UK plug adapters in Dixons at Heathrow - you can't get them over here (saves you changing plugs before you can use anything - you can then slowly change over to Oz plugs as you find what annoys you most when plugging and unplugging - get the clocks and anything with a timer done first)

Bring two or three 6 gang extension leads (saves changing all the plugs on Stereo, TV and Computer equipment - just change the one plug on the extension lead and stick with the UK plugs for the equipment)

Plugs are relatively cheap in the Supermarkets in Oz.

We found our television and video recorder (fairly late model Panasonics) worked fine with no adjustment so don't necessarily believe all the doom and gloom about TV's. Even if yours don't work you only need buy a cheap video out here and feed the tv from that. However the fact that they work doesn't magically create anything worth watching!
Old Feb 10th 2003, 3:38 am
Just Joined

scott campbell is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the operational voltage 230 volt at 50hz.in austriala ?Do you have a delta wye system with 480/277 120/208 at 60hz.?