Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electrical Companies in Oz that sponsor TSS 482

Electrical Companies in Oz that sponsor TSS 482

Old Nov 5th 2019, 12:59 am
Just Joined

nigeldennison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Companies in Oz that sponsor TSS 482

Hi I have come over to Canberra with my family on a visitor visa in September. My eldest kids are here and in Port Stephens and are either applying for residency or are a citizen. I would like to stay with my wife and two younger children.We have moved over lock/ stock but I am not having much good fortune trying to find a sponsor. I am an electrician with my City & Guilds pts 1 & 2, AM2, 11KV, Testing 2391, electrical appliance etc so am very qualified but I am 47 so applying for residency an issue, until my Son gets his residency then we can get a parents visa. Can anyone help with advice about a company that could help me to work as a trades assistant as we really would like to stay in this great country and time is a great factor now.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 7:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Companies in Oz that sponsor TSS 482

Originally Posted by nigeldennison
Hi I have come over to Canberra with my family on a visitor visa in September. My eldest kids are here and in Port Stephens and are either applying for residency or are a citizen. I would like to stay with my wife and two younger children.We have moved over lock/ stock but I am not having much good fortune trying to find a sponsor. I am an electrician with my City & Guilds pts 1 & 2, AM2, 11KV, Testing 2391, electrical appliance etc so am very qualified but I am 47 so applying for residency an issue, until my Son gets his residency then we can get a parents visa. Can anyone help with advice about a company that could help me to work as a trades assistant as we really would like to stay in this great country and time is a great factor now.
Are you a licensed electrician in Australia? If not you're going to find it nearly impossible to get sponsored. Trades assistant is very likely not on the list of eligible occupations for sponsorship, so that's not going to work.

What does your wife do? Is she under 45?
Old Nov 5th 2019, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

nigeldennison is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dorothy,

I have all my City & guilds qualifications that can be skills assessed by trades assessment Australia but haven't done so as I wasn't sure if I could get a supervisor or management position , so I know I have to do that and then I can work as a trades assistant for a few months until I can take the practical/theory test after having gained some experience in how things are done in Oz.
My wife is also 47 and a dental nurse with all her British qualifications, so would it be better for her to apply for primary visa.
I have had a couple of job offers but nothing in writing as yet, thought it would be less comply t
Old Nov 6th 2019, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the route you have taken is not particularly sensible.

Getting sponsored red is not easy. Not only does the occupation have to be eligible, but the position and the company. That is even before it throwing in that many employers won't sponsor as it is now an expensive and time consuming process
Old Nov 8th 2019, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good heavens, you've moved over lock stock and barrel without a visa to stay - that's not at all sensible. A while ago I met a sparky in Canberra who was on a permanent visa but couldn't get a job because of the licencing. Don't know what happened to him in the end but they left Canberra.