Electric Plugs

Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Baz777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electric Plugs

Hello all.
Long time viewer but 1st time poster. Got my 457 approved week before last, booked flights for 16th Jan to Melbourne & about to lose all my possessions to the shippers. Just wanted to know if it's possible to swap the plugs on the electrical stuff when I get out there. I've heard that it can be difficult to get plugs in the stores unless you can prove you're qualified. Or should I try to get some converters beforehand. Which then leads to the question - which is most common, 2 pin or 3, and can anyone recommend a site to order them on? Guess I'll probably need around a dozen to cover all appliances.
Thanks in anticipation.
Baz
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:51 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electric Plugs

Originally Posted by Baz777
Hello all.
Long time viewer but 1st time poster. Got my 457 approved week before last, booked flights for 16th Jan to Melbourne & about to lose all my possessions to the shippers. Just wanted to know if it's possible to swap the plugs on the electrical stuff when I get out there. I've heard that it can be difficult to get plugs in the stores unless you can prove you're qualified. Or should I try to get some converters beforehand. Which then leads to the question - which is most common, 2 pin or 3, and can anyone recommend a site to order them on? Guess I'll probably need around a dozen to cover all appliances.
Thanks in anticipation.
Baz

Hiya Baz

We brought a few travel adaptors(99p each from big W) with us, and loads of 6 bar extension cables...then when we got here we just changed the plugs on extensions to Aussie plugs (easily bought in Bunnings etc) this saved us changing every plug....best of luck

H
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:04 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Electric Plugs

plugs are readilly available in the supermarkets.

Originally Posted by Baz777
Hello all.
Thanks in anticipation.
Baz