Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Election Day - It's Going to be a Close One

Election Day - It's Going to be a Close One

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Election Day - It's Going to be a Close One

Looking at the programme on Channel 9 last night, it looks too hard to call at the mo. The audience were going ALP, the phones were going Coalition. The opinion polls were 52% ALP 48% Coalition. The last election was 51% ALP so it's still too close to call. Remember it you can still lose with more votes if your votes are in the wrong place.

Did anyone see the programme last night? John Howard looked like a Rabbit caught in the headlights. Wonder if it was an act to make people feel sorry for him.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election Day - It's Going to be a Close One

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Looking at the programme on Channel 9 last night, it looks too hard to call at the mo. The audience were going ALP, the phones were going Coalition. The opinion polls were 52% ALP 48% Coalition. The last election was 51% ALP so it's still too close to call. Remember it you can still lose with more votes if your votes are in the wrong place.

Did anyone see the programme last night? John Howard looked like a Rabbit caught in the headlights. Wonder if it was an act to make people feel sorry for him.

Sky news had a beauty of Rudd this morning, he got into a car, saw the cameras, put head head into his now famous paris hilton style tilt, flashed a grin that was so toothy and fake it make humphry B bear look intelligent, then leaning forward so close to the windscreen his face was nearly stuck on it, he continued to grin for what seemed like an absolute eternity. He looked like one of those troll dolls you get stuffed in a glass jar at a fete
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:55 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Johnny's going down. But excuse me if I don't read too much into a Channel 9 political programme

I quite liked the spoof Private Eye headline for the US election a while ago ...
Attached Images  
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Johnny's going down. But excuse me if I don't read too much into a Channel 9 political programme

I quite liked the spoof Private Eye headline for the US election a while ago ...
Just to be clear. The opinion pools mentioned weren't from the programme.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:09 pm

Just to be clear. The opinion pools mentioned weren't from the programme.
I see, well, I don't hold much confidence in polls either ... I reckon it will be close though, there are a lot of people out there that might just lose their nerve and go the 'better the devil you know' route when they have a pen in their hand.

At least, as far as I can make out, we will know the result in the PM rather than tomorrow AM ... I remember staying up until the early hours in the UK to watch the whole extravaganza unfold.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

I see, well, I don't hold much confidence in polls either ... I reckon it will be close though, there are a lot of people out there that might just lose their nerve and go the 'better the devil you know' route when they have a pen in their hand.

At least, as far as I can make out, we will know the result in the PM rather than tomorrow AM ... I remember staying up until the early hours in the UK to watch the whole extravaganza unfold.
Yep. It all happens a lot quicker here. The polls close at something like 6pm and we've generally for a result before bedtime.

I used to stay up and watch too. UK 97 was entertaining. UK 92 was rubbish. The polls called that one completely wrong.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Nov 23rd 2007 at 11:24 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

itsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really nice

there were no signs up for the X PM where we voted
I love the fact that We all Have to vote
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:28 pm

Yep. It all happens a lot quicker here. The polls close at something like 6pm and we've generally for a result before bedtime.

I used to stay up and watch too. UK 97 was entertaining. UK 92 was rubbish. The polls called that one completely wrong.
I can still see Portillo's face ... happy, happy days.

Ah, wonderful YouTube ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKexAVIUY4
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

I can still see Portillo's face ... happy, happy days.

Ah, wonderful YouTube ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKexAVIUY4
And this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NioPh...eature=related

Two for the price of one there.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:46 pm

And this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NioPh...eature=related

Two for the price of one there.
Another classic, there should be a highlights DVD out there ... you could bundle in footage of Snatcher getting grilled by that woman about the Falklands too.