British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Election (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/election-488594/)

NewOZ Oct 21st 2007 9:06 am

Election

Who you will vote for? and why?

Timber Floor Au Oct 21st 2007 9:10 am

Re: Election

Originally Posted by NewOZ (Post 5449315)
Who you will vote for? and why?

Wont vote for anyone, not legitimate yet !!!

But if I could I would vote for Johnny..

Ok he is a bit of a twit at times, and does break his promises also.. but least you know where you stand with the old fart...

Kruddy.. just does as Kinnock used to in UK, and say the exact opposite to whoever was in power... Maggie at the time i think...

Better the devil you know i reckon

smee Oct 21st 2007 9:36 am

Librals, better the dog you know than the dog you don't know.

Yahoo Oct 21st 2007 10:45 am

I wont vote for party of liers
i vote keven 07

NedKelly Oct 21st 2007 11:57 am

Who are Librars?

What about Pauline Hanson's United Australia Party? She deserves more than being 'other'.

Yahoo Oct 21st 2007 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by NedKelly (Post 5449731)
Who are Librars?

What about Pauline Hanson's United Australia Party? She deserves more than being 'other'.

Pauline Hanson!! That racist?. I think she is a disgrace

NedKelly Oct 21st 2007 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yahoo (Post 5449790)
Pauline Hanson!! That racist?. I think she is a disgrace

In a democratic society everyone has the freedom to express their views and stand for parliament. Do you deny her that right?

Yahoo Oct 21st 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by NedKelly (Post 5449803)
In a democratic society everyone has the freedom to express their views and stand for parliament. Do you deny her that right?

I dont deny her that right as long she respect other, and not being racist, everybody knows she went to jail because of her racism.

smee Oct 21st 2007 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Yahoo (Post 5449811)
I dont deny her that right as long she respect other, and not being racist, everybody knows she went to jail because of her racism.

She wasn't imprisoned for racism, she was convicted of electoral fraud and later aquitted.
And all the other pollies are honest???

Yahoo Oct 21st 2007 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by smee (Post 5449878)
She wasn't imprisoned for racism, she was convicted of electoral fraud and later aquitted.
And all the other pollies are honest???

she still racist

FlyingAussie Oct 21st 2007 4:30 pm

Hello,

I do follow some of the political issues going on in Australia out of interest, I am registered with the Prime Minister Media releases, also listen to some talk radio stations in OZ (via the internet), one thing must be said is that Johnny did well for Australia.

The Aussies think it is time for a change, fair enough JH is losing his credibility with broken promises and so on, but is there any real opposition that can take on JH? Kevin Rudd seems to be doing very well on the polls, but is he good enough to lead Australia (and his team)?

NedKelly Oct 21st 2007 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingAussie (Post 5450463)

The Aussies think it is time for a change...............

That is speculation, many Aussies don't think it is time for a change and there will be a change to Costello after a few years in any case. I seem to remember that the Welsh windbag, Kinnock, thought it was time for a change as well and he even thought he had won the election before the result was out.

Originally Posted by FlyingAussie (Post 5450463)

broken promises and so on,

Please list them all.

NedKelly Oct 21st 2007 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Yahoo (Post 5449811)

Can you please translate that into English?

bridie Oct 21st 2007 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5449332)
Wont vote for anyone, not legitimate yet !!!

But if I could I would vote for Johnny..

Ok he is a bit of a twit at times, and does break his promises also.. but least you know where you stand with the old fart...

Kruddy.. just does as Kinnock used to in UK, and say the exact opposite to whoever was in power... Maggie at the time i think...

Better the devil you know i reckon

ditto on all counts :thumbup:

themerlin Oct 21st 2007 11:52 pm

I might sell my vote on ebay :)