Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

electical aplliances

electical aplliances

Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:52 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default electical aplliances

Hi

Could any one tell me if you are able to take your dishwasher or any other kitchen appliances i just done my kitchen up with new bosch dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine and i have been told you cant take them if they have been used in the uk.

cheers
angela
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: electical aplliances

Originally Posted by stevelaird
Hi

Could any one tell me if you are able to take your dishwasher or any other kitchen appliances i just done my kitchen up with new bosch dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine and i have been told you cant take them if they have been used in the uk.

cheers
angela
hi yes i'm sure you can, you just have to change the plug.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:13 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

thanks but what i have been told is that it has to do with appliances being contaminated with uk water ie washing machine, dishwasher and condensor tumble drier. has any one taken any of these items with them.

angela
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:04 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks but what i have been told is that it has to do with appliances being contaminated with uk water ie washing machine, dishwasher and condensor tumble drier. has any one taken any of these items with them.

angela
Absolute BS.
You can bring them.
Drain them and clean them.

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:53 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angela,

Bring everything that you have they will work ok, we have just got our stuff recently and everything worked fine.

Hi

cheers
angela
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Absolute BS.
You can bring them.
Drain them and clean them.

Andrew
You wonder how some of these rumours start!
Andrew's right, just drain them and bring them!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:34 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Do they have bath plugs in oz or do i need to bring mine
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:44 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi

cheers
angela
Bring them all. We did. They work fine. No problem at customs.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Do they have bath plugs in oz or do i need to bring mine
bring your own but be aware that you need a qualified electrician to fit it each time you want a bath.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:50 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You wonder how some of these rumours start!
Pollyana,

the quote below is the answer to your question:

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
bring your own but be aware that you need a qualified electrician to fit it each time you want a bath.
And that's how rumours get started .

Gina
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:59 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Pollyana,

the quote below is the answer to your question:

And that's how rumours get started .

Gina
ROFLMAO!!!! bath plugs fitted by the electrician!!!

Although if you're heading to Brissie, a bath is out of the question at the moment due to the water use restrictions! 4 minute shower, or a fine for over using your quota!

Ali x