Ehrlichia Canis

Old Jan 29th 2014, 3:07 am
Just Joined

mlb33surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ehrlichia Canis

I have read many of the old post. I guess I am just looking for a few more success stories. Our cat and dog Lucy were scheduled to fly out next Monday(Feb 3) but our dog(6yr shetland sheep dog) failed her Ehrilchia test on Jan 23. Our dog(Lucy) got a positive 1:100. Our vet started her on 300mg of Doxycycline for 14 days. Luckily my schedule is a little flexible and I was able to delay my flight until March 3. Lucy passed an Ehrlichia snap test in the states this past June, it is not the same test as the one she failed. Lucy has had Lyme disease in the past and was given the same medicine and it greatly helped, though she has once been given more medicine when her levels had gone up. My wife who is presently in Australia and I are both very distraught right now. We made the difficult decision to send the cat on Feb 3 though are two pets have always been together since pup and kitten. My questions also stem from the fact that I am in the US and info on the success rate of lowering the titer are hard to find and most people have told me that it will take 3-6 months to lower these numbers and that they may never go down. My questions are
1. Has anyone experience similar time frames and had the numbers go down? if not what was your time frame for success or did you never get the acceptable results?
2. Looking at my time frame before I leave when would be the best time to retest my dog?

Thank you so much for any info. Matt

Last edited by mlb33surf; Jan 29th 2014 at 3:11 am.