Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Egg Donation- could you help?

Egg Donation- could you help?

Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egg Donation- could you help?

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi Nickie - it is not illegal in Australia at least not in Queensland, as I was very close to having donor IVF, but my donor pulled out at the 11th hour. Admittedly it is not a straight forward procedure as there is a lot of red tape governing the donor laws here in Australia, first and foremost, it is up to the recipient to locate their own donor, whether by advertising (which I did for a few months), or by word of mouth, ie friends/family, etc. It is also illegal for the donor to accept any monetary reward so finding someone who is willing to go through months of medication/clinic visits and slight discomfort is quite difficult. Also, here in Qld both you and the donor are required to attend counselling sessions and should a pregnancy evolve from a donor here in Australia, then the child has a right to learn of their biological mother when they come of age.

My partner and I did months and months of research on this very topic, and in the end and upon advice and guidance from my obstretician, we decided to go abroad for treatment. I discovered this site http://www.aussieeggdonors.com which was singing the praises of a clinic in Cape Town South Africa (Cape Fertility Clinic). This clinic has an excellent reputation and very affordable (not to mention having a wonderful 2 week holiday in beautiful cape town which we thoroughly enjoyed). Cape Town has numerous donor agencies which have donors readily available. You contact them direct and they give you access to their donor profiles and you are able tc choose one who best matches you in looks, etc, although you are not allowed to see the adult photographs as it is illegal to know the identify of the donors.

I started my pre treatment meds back in April 2013, were in Capetown March 2013 and came back with twin baby boys on board. I gave birth 6 weeks ago here on the Gold Coast Australia and couldn't be happier. If you would like any more information I would be only too happy to help.

Regards

Gina
Information sharing doesn't get much more generous than this post. Good on you Gina Best of luck to you Nickie.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 11:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egg Donation- could you help?

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi Nickie - it is not illegal in Australia at least not in Queensland, as I was very close to having donor IVF, but my donor pulled out at the 11th hour. Admittedly it is not a straight forward procedure as there is a lot of red tape governing the donor laws here in Australia, first and foremost, it is up to the recipient to locate their own donor, whether by advertising (which I did for a few months), or by word of mouth, ie friends/family, etc. It is also illegal for the donor to accept any monetary reward so finding someone who is willing to go through months of medication/clinic visits and slight discomfort is quite difficult. Also, here in Qld both you and the donor are required to attend counselling sessions and should a pregnancy evolve from a donor here in Australia, then the child has a right to learn of their biological mother when they come of age.

My partner and I did months and months of research on this very topic, and in the end and upon advice and guidance from my obstretician, we decided to go abroad for treatment. I discovered this site http://www.aussieeggdonors.com which was singing the praises of a clinic in Cape Town South Africa (Cape Fertility Clinic). This clinic has an excellent reputation and very affordable (not to mention having a wonderful 2 week holiday in beautiful cape town which we thoroughly enjoyed). Cape Town has numerous donor agencies which have donors readily available. You contact them direct and they give you access to their donor profiles and you are able tc choose one who best matches you in looks, etc, although you are not allowed to see the adult photographs as it is illegal to know the identify of the donors.

I started my pre treatment meds back in April 2013, were in Capetown March 2013 and came back with twin baby boys on board. I gave birth 6 weeks ago here on the Gold Coast Australia and couldn't be happier. If you would like any more information I would be only too happy to help.

Regards

Gina
Wow! What a great, informative post and a fantastic outcome for your family. Congratulations on the birth of your boys.