Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Egg Donation- could you help?

Egg Donation- could you help?

Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:19 am
Just Joined

mitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Egg Donation- could you help?

Hello there,
I'm sorry to do this post in the introductions page- it is probably completely inappropriate for a 1st post but desperate times call for desperate measures. So So sorry if it causes offence.
We are a British couple who have lived in Auckland for 5 years. We have been advised that our only hope of adding to our family is via Egg Donation. We have advertised on various parenting forums/publications but as yet we have had no luck.
If you feel you could help us and you live in NZ or Australia, we would love to talk to you. Our email has been removed by the moderator for security reasons but I would love you to contact me on here. Thanks so much
Nickie x
Old Jan 4th 2014, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egg Donation- could you help?

Bless you I hope you find what you're looking for.x
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

mitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond reputemitchymoo242 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou very much x
Old Jan 4th 2014, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but this is illegal.
Here in Victoria, and probably other states of Aus, the requesting and offering of donor gametes are very strictly controlled. All requests have to be approved by the Infertility Body (in each state).

It is heartbreaking situation but you have to go through the right steps to protect you, the potential donor and potential offspring.

here is one link to some of the regulations http://www.eggdonorangels.com.au/home/info

Good luck with your journey
Old Jan 4th 2014, 10:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
Sorry but this is illegal.
Here in Victoria, and probably other states of Aus, the requesting and offering of donor gametes are very strictly controlled. All requests have to be approved by the Infertility Body (in each state).

It is heartbreaking situation but you have to go through the right steps to protect you, the potential donor and potential offspring.

here is one link to some of the regulations http://www.eggdonorangels.com.au/home/info

Good luck with your journey
I just did a quick search and Victorian recipients need to complete a form before they can ask for an egg donor - but couldn't find anything else - and the recipients here aren't in Victoria. Any more info you can give Pomster?
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I just did a quick search and Victorian recipients need to complete a form before they can ask for an egg donor - but couldn't find anything else - and the recipients here aren't in Victoria. Any more info you can give Pomster?
I know all the ads in the back of Melbourne child have to be approved by and vetted by VARTA. I believe other states are similar. It is dependent on where the donation takes place...it is a very controlled process here in Vic. However I am not 100pct sure of legislative requirements in other states.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Hi there and thanks for your concern - much appreciated. All I know is that there are many online forums, for example the Egg Donor Angels Australia site, on which there are loads of people advertising for egg donors ( and the occasional egg donor advertising for a recipient). If it's illegal then how is it that they are allowed to continue? Other forums such as Egg Donation Australia also have a section for advertising for a donor. The reason why I have asked to put my ad on here is that there are way more recipients than donors, thus a bit of creative thinking is required!
Thanks
Nickie
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
I know all the ads in the back of Melbourne child have to be approved by and vetted by VARTA. I believe other states are similar. It is dependent on where the donation takes place...it is a very controlled process here in Vic. However I am not 100pct sure of legislative requirements in other states.
Thanks for the reply Pomster.

I found info on one site that said recipients in Victoria couldn't advertise on their site without pre-approval (http://www.aussieeggdonors.com/), and all states seem to agree that only altruistic donation is legal. There seems to be sites in all states to help couples conceive this way, with different legislation - some states would allow a child conceived this way to find the donor parent at age 18 for example.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by mitchymoo242
Hi there and thanks for your concern - much appreciated. All I know is that there are many online forums, for example the Egg Donor Angels Australia site, on which there are loads of people advertising for egg donors ( and the occasional egg donor advertising for a recipient). If it's illegal then how is it that they are allowed to continue? Other forums such as Egg Donation Australia also have a section for advertising for a donor. The reason why I have asked to put my ad on here is that there are way more recipients than donors, thus a bit of creative thinking is required!
Thanks
Nickie
Hi Nickie,

The concern you may have is that from what I have read, a donor from the UK (and some other countries) may not be able to donate eggs due to the risk of Creutzfeldt-Jakubs disease. Do you know anything about this?
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

some websites which outline the legislation:
www.health.nsw.gov.au/hospitals/phc/art.asp

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/vi...69+2007+cd+0+N
www.legislation.vic.gov.au (see Statute Book -> 2008)
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

and maybe try the essential baby forum..you might find help there.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitchymoo242
Hello there,
I'm sorry to do this post in the introductions page- it is probably completely inappropriate for a 1st post but desperate times call for desperate measures. So So sorry if it causes offence.
We are a British couple who have lived in Auckland for 5 years. We have been advised that our only hope of adding to our family is via Egg Donation. We have advertised on various parenting forums/publications but as yet we have had no luck.
If you feel you could help us and you live in NZ or Australia, we would love to talk to you. Our email has been removed by the moderator for security reasons but I would love you to contact me on here. Thanks so much
Nickie x
Hi Nickie - it is not illegal in Australia at least not in Queensland, as I was very close to having donor IVF, but my donor pulled out at the 11th hour. Admittedly it is not a straight forward procedure as there is a lot of red tape governing the donor laws here in Australia, first and foremost, it is up to the recipient to locate their own donor, whether by advertising (which I did for a few months), or by word of mouth, ie friends/family, etc. It is also illegal for the donor to accept any monetary reward so finding someone who is willing to go through months of medication/clinic visits and slight discomfort is quite difficult. Also, here in Qld both you and the donor are required to attend counselling sessions and should a pregnancy evolve from a donor here in Australia, then the child has a right to learn of their biological mother when they come of age.

My partner and I did months and months of research on this very topic, and in the end and upon advice and guidance from my obstretician, we decided to go abroad for treatment. I discovered this site http://www.aussieeggdonors.com which was singing the praises of a clinic in Cape Town South Africa (Cape Fertility Clinic). This clinic has an excellent reputation and very affordable (not to mention having a wonderful 2 week holiday in beautiful cape town which we thoroughly enjoyed). Cape Town has numerous donor agencies which have donors readily available. You contact them direct and they give you access to their donor profiles and you are able tc choose one who best matches you in looks, etc, although you are not allowed to see the adult photographs as it is illegal to know the identify of the donors.

I started my pre treatment meds back in April 2013, were in Capetown March 2013 and came back with twin baby boys on board. I gave birth 6 weeks ago here on the Gold Coast Australia and couldn't be happier. If you would like any more information I would be only too happy to help.

Regards

Gina

Last edited by sassie; Jan 5th 2014 at 7:22 am.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 7:00 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi Nickie - it is not illegal in Australia at least not in Queensland, as I was very close to having donor IVF, but my donor pulled out at the 11th hour. Admittedly it is not a straight forward procedure as there is a lot of red tape governing the donor laws here in Australia, first and foremost, it is up to the recipient to locate their own donor, whether by advertising (which I did for a few months), or by word of mouth, ie friends/family, etc. It is also illegal for the donor to accept any monetary reward so finding someone who is willing to go through months of medication/clinic visits and slight discomfort is quite difficult. Also, here in Qld both you and the donor are required to attend counselling sessions and should a pregnancy evolve from a donor here in Australia, then the child has a right to learn of their biological mother when they come of age.

My partner and I did months and months of research on this very topic, and in the end and upon advice and guidance from my obstretician, we decided to go abroad for treatment. I discovered this site http://www.aussieeggdonors.com which was singing the praises of a clinic in Cape Town South Africa (Cape Fertility Clinic). This clinic has an excellent reputation and very affordable (not to mention having a wonderful 2 week holiday in beautiful cape town which we thoroughly enjoyed). Cape Town has numerous donor agencies which have donors readily available. You contact them direct and they give you access to their donor profiles and you are able tc choose one who best matches you in looks, etc, although you are not allowed to see the adult photographs as it is illegal to know the identify of the donors.

I started my pre treatment meds back in April 2013, were in Capetown March 2013 and cape back with twin baby boys on board. I gave birth 6 weeks ago here on the Gold Coast Australia and couldn't be happier. If you would like any more information I would be only too happy to help.

Regards

Gina

What wonderful news Sassie. Congratulations to you all
Old Jan 5th 2014, 7:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I started my pre treatment meds back in April 2013, were in Capetown March 2013 and cape back with twin baby boys on board. I gave birth 6 weeks ago here on the Gold Coast Australia and couldn't be happier. If you would like any more information I would be only too happy to help.

Regards

Gina
That's awesome news Sassie, many congratulations. You must have had a fantastic christmas.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I started my pre treatment meds back in April 2013, were in Capetown March 2013 and came back with twin baby boys on board. I gave birth 6 weeks ago here on the Gold Coast Australia and couldn't be happier. If you would like any more information I would be only too happy to help.

Regards

Gina
Congratulations to you.That is wonderful news.My parents had twin boys after six girls and my sister has twin boys.Good luck to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.