Reload this Page >

Effective date of application

Effective date of application

Old Aug 25th 2002, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

gokul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Effective date of application

Dear Friends,

What is the effective date of application to DIMIA? Is it the date on which the courier has delivered our application package to DIMIA office on a working day? Or it can be just the date on which our application is redgistered on DIMIA office by its officials which can be the package delivered date or a later date?

If for example I am turning 34 years 364 days on September 29, Sunday, will I be considered 34 years old, if my application reaches on 30 September, Monday as the last two days were weekend?

Thank you for your brain-storming.

Cheers.

Gokul
Old Aug 25th 2002, 5:30 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Effective date of application

I'm not certain if DIMIA stamps a "Received On" date on the package as they collect it (from the P.O. Box) or they sign for it (if couriered). In my case, I used FedEx and my package was delivered on July 24, and my acknowledgement form states July 24 as the date of my application.

In any case, I would think it's got to be a working day, as no-one will deliver or receive your package on a weekend or public holiday. If it reaches DIMIA (either collected from the P.O. box or signed for by the receptionist) on your birthday, then you'll be one year older when you applied to DIMIA.

Peter
Originally posted by gokul:
What is the effective date of application to DIMIA? Is it the date on which the courier has delivered our application package to DIMIA office on a working day? Or it can be just the date on which our application is redgistered on DIMIA office by its officials which can be the package delivered date or a later date?