Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eek!! 3 weeks to go get pressies sent seamail

Eek!! 3 weeks to go get pressies sent seamail

Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Eek!! 3 weeks to go get pressies sent seamail

Just looked on Aus post's website & last posting date for seamail to UK is October 8th! Promised myself I'd be organised & have it all ready but haven't bought a thing yet. Right, that's me off to the shops then
Byeeeeee

Loopy
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Eek!! 3 weeks to go get pressies sent seamail

Is that for xames.
Just been looking for that now.thank you for telling us.

Looks like i need to go shopping yes

Ann Marie

Last edited by Paul&Ann-Marie; Sep 16th 2004 at 5:20 am.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Yes that's for Christmas.
Here's the link, shows you all countries and last dates

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1080...7EMO19,00.html

Happy shopping!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loopy
Yes that's for Christmas.
Here's the link, shows you all countries and last dates

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1080...7EMO19,00.html

Happy shopping!
Although I remember sending stuff from the UK, with a last seamail date of 6th October, I posted late (very) in the first week of November - and the stuff still made it. So its not catastrophic, just not guaranteed delivery.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:17 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Just looked on Aus post's website & last posting date for seamail to UK is October 8th! Promised myself I'd be organised & have it all ready but haven't bought a thing yet. Right, that's me off to the shops then
Byeeeeee

Loopy
I wouldn't totally be reliant on those dates if I were you , sometimes the sea mail postage between the two countries can take a lot longer than 3 months. ( as well as earlier like Pollyanas stuff)

My mum last year sent my pressies at the very beginning of Nov , which is too late for surface /sea mail anyway( but she thought she was sending them by air and nice and early for once .. but she sent them my surface/sea mail by mistake . I don't know who's the worst the old woman postmistress in her local PO or my mum! lol )

I received them at either the very end of Feb, or in mid March . just know it was closer to my birthday than it was to Christmas when I got the things ! .. And they took 4 months to get to me from the date on the parcel ( mind you customs opened them along the way).. my walkers crisps she had shoved in the parcel too had gone past their sell by date time I received them .. I still ate them though .. and very nice they were too.lol

I tend to use a courier most years to send my presents to the UK and not the PO. I post them only a week before Christmas ( I always leave things to the last minute.. Christmas humbug... so avoid it like the plague ) , and they get there on time. don't find it any more expensive than going with the PO for Airmail , but much better service, like getting there on time and in one piece.

Anyway If I were you I'd get them off now and don't wait for the final posting date ( those dates by the PO is a guide only, they may , or may not arrive in time. it also says " This schedule is reliant on shipping company timetables, some dates may be subject to change. So POST EARLY!" ) .. it doesn't account for "Postman Pat" either ( or should that be "Postman Tw*t" ,which the name my local postie goes by ) delivering the things.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 16th 2004 at 3:30 am.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that I have more success this year with the stuff coming from the UK, than I did last Xmas. Cards folded up & shoved into the mailbox with resultant tears in both card and envelope, either that or left sticking out and thus so soggy that they had to be thrown away unopened. Parcels left by the side of the box - more luck than anything that they weren't stolen. We have a perfectly good undercover space by the front door - why do the idiots leave the mail to be pinched, or destroyed by the elements? (and no, we don't have a dog waiting to eat the postie!)
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:35 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I just hope that I have more success this year with the stuff coming from the UK, than I did last Xmas. Cards folded up & shoved into the mailbox with resultant tears in both card and envelope, either that or left sticking out and thus so soggy that they had to be thrown away unopened. Parcels left by the side of the box - more luck than anything that they weren't stolen. We have a perfectly good undercover space by the front door - why do the idiots leave the mail to be pinched, or destroyed by the elements? (and no, we don't have a dog waiting to eat the postie!)
Do all your parcels get opened by customs? Mine do.. nosey g8ts.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Ceri
Do all your parcels get opened by customs? Mine do.. nosey g8ts.
No, only had one thing opened and that was an envelope my sister sent marked "photos" - my niece shoved in some plastic jewellery for me, sister left it marked photos, and Customs obviously didn't believe her cos of the feel of the envelope! Nothing else has been opened - yet!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:48 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, only had one thing opened and that was an envelope my sister sent marked "photos" - my niece shoved in some plastic jewellery for me, sister left it marked photos, and Customs obviously didn't believe her cos of the feel of the envelope! Nothing else has been opened - yet!
They just must have it in for me then.. Or it could be that I get food sent in the parcels, and my family writes on the doc - crisps, Laverbread ( that's it! they think the laverbread is bread..lol) .

I once had a daff bulb confiscated lol ( my mum in law sent me a bulb)

I don't get parcels left outside..all my posties just drop a PO pick up ticket in the mailbox for me collect it from the PO.
It seem that your Postman Pat can have the honorary title of Postman Tw@t.. he needs it more than mine does

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 16th 2004 at 3:52 am. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:54 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
They just must have it in for me then..

Do your wombat poo presents get opened by Customs?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:04 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by jayr
Do your wombat poo presents get opened by Customs?
No ( and it's wallaby and koala to you) . I've sent spiders snake skins and other wonders to them each year .. it seems the very nice British customs never open them.. unlike these horrible customs over here.

Just recently, last week I have sent some wallaby poo stuck on a birthday card to my mum in law.. I haven't talked to her on the phone yet to see if it has got there safe and sound .lol

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 16th 2004 at 4:08 am.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:26 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Byeeeeee

Loopy

I got told this last week in the post office. However I was told the parcel needs to be in Sydney by 8/10/04.

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news. I decided I will not be that organised and as both cars needed servicing we will not have the money either this month.

Hope my mate who goes back to the UK mid Nov has room in her suitcase for a few things.

Jo
Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

I never ever have my xmas shopping ready for sea mail. I always end up spending nearly as much as the pressies to send them airmail. But I satand at the counter saying. Put the airmail sticker on please....can't see an airmail sticker yet...where's the airmail sticker....is it going airmail? Till they get really annoyed and stick stickers all over it.
I have had a parcel from UK to Oz go AWOL and arrive 3 months after and one from Oz to UK do the same thing. Paid airmail sent seamail. So now I always nag and check and recheck.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tips guys, I might be hyper-organised and leave Chrimbo prezzies with my SIL for my neices, as we don't arrive until October 12th and I'll probably be too disorientated to bother until late October!