Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Educational Psychologists in Adelaide?

Educational Psychologists in Adelaide?

Old Mar 7th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Educational Psychologists in Adelaide?

Can anyone recommend an Ed Psych in Adelaide or surrounds (we are in the hills but willing to travel) who will do the testing for giftedness? I have spoken to the Education Department but they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot. We are looking to pay privately so do not need a school referral (Loooooong story but don't want to involve the school at this stage). Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Educational Psychologists in Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Can anyone recommend an Ed Psych in Adelaide or surrounds (we are in the hills but willing to travel) who will do the testing for giftedness? I have spoken to the Education Department but they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot. We are looking to pay privately so do not need a school referral (Loooooong story but don't want to involve the school at this stage). Thanks in advance!
Just googled educational psychologist and giftedness and this lady came up. Although she is now in QLD, she did a lot of her training in Adelaide and may have some suggestions? Google is your friend!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by itigo
Just googled educational psychologist and giftedness and this lady came up. Although she is now in QLD, she did a lot of her training in Adelaide and may have some suggestions? Google is your friend!
Thanks. I have come up with a fair few locally on Google, however the Education Department is not willing to confirm which they endorse although they have said that it is possible that not all psychologists' reports are accepted by them (!!!!!!). I am looking for someone who has used a local Ed Psych AND had the report accepted by the Department.

I have also tried to contact GTCASA by email and phone but as yet have had no response.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Thanks. I have come up with a fair few locally on Google, however the Education Department is not willing to confirm which they endorse although they have said that it is possible that not all psychologists' reports are accepted by them (!!!!!!). I am looking for someone who has used a local Ed Psych AND had the report accepted by the Department.

I have also tried to contact GTCASA by email and phone but as yet have had no response.
I think they would be hard pushed to not accept a report by a registered psychologist - there would be no justification for that. However, the APS site has a "find a psych" section http://www.psychology.org.au/findapsychologist/ - just plug in Ed Psych and see what comes up in your area