Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Education/schools in Australia

Education/schools in Australia

Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:17 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Question Education/schools in Australia

Hi
I have read a few fairly conflicting things about the education system in Australia and was wondering if anyone can give me a simple run down on a few points.
(pointers to web sites would also be great)
Which school structure (primary school, high school etc) is used? (with ages would be useful)
What pre-school is available?
What is 'free' and what do you pay for?
Do the Aussies use a 'national curriculum'?
Any info on universities would also be great (good ones, links to info etc)
Plus anything else you can think of!!

My eldest son is 15 and my youngest only 1 so i need to know right from preschool to university!!

Also i am interested in peoples opinion of the education/schools (i have found in the past that talking to a range of people actually gives you a better idea of a school/education authority etc than the official literature!)

Thanks
Tiggs
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education/schools in Australia

Please can you say which state you are going to. The answers vary according to where you are in Australia. (Which answers 1 question......no there is not a national curriculum - but each state has a curriculum)

Rudi

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Hi
I have read a few fairly conflicting things about the education system in Australia and was wondering if anyone can give me a simple run down on a few points.
(pointers to web sites would also be great)
Which school structure (primary school, high school etc) is used? (with ages would be useful)
What pre-school is available?
What is 'free' and what do you pay for?
Do the Aussies use a 'national curriculum'?
Any info on universities would also be great (good ones, links to info etc)
Plus anything else you can think of!!

My eldest son is 15 and my youngest only 1 so i need to know right from preschool to university!!

Also i am interested in peoples opinion of the education/schools (i have found in the past that talking to a range of people actually gives you a better idea of a school/education authority etc than the official literature!)

Thanks
Tiggs