Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Education dilema

Wikiposts

Education dilema

Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:46 am
PJK
Forum Regular

PJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant future
Red face Education dilema

Hi all

My wife and three daughters (13, 12 & 5) have all our visas for SA and if we go we will go to Adelaide next year probably in August 2004. However we have this one thing holding us back and that is if it doesn't work out within the first 12-24 months where will it leave our eldest daughter's education. She will start year 10 i.e. GCSE's next September when we plan to go. If it did not work out, and for some it doesn't, where does that leave her? I know this might sound negative to some but I am trying to cover every eventuality. Will she have to start GCSE's with girls potentially two years younger than her if we came back or will the Aussie years and system in Adelaide count for something? Any news and info would be most welcome

Thanks PJK
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

She could always come back and go to college and do her GCSE's then go straight on and do A levels. Remember some kids don't get the grades anyway so they go to college and re-sit them.

Mandy