Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Education/Continuing Education

Education/Continuing Education

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Queenslander is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Education/Continuing Education

Here is some information for those of you who intend to continue studying or just wanna do some short courses
List of Aussie Universities TAFE South Australia TAFE Queensland TAFE New South Wales (NSW) TAFE Tasmania TAFE Central Western Australia TAFE Victoria (Virtual Campus) TAFE Woodonga (VIC) TAFE Canberra GOOD LUCK! Go Waltzing Matilda....you beaut!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up HECS/PELS INFORMATION

If you folks are eligible for HECS/PELS/ If you wanna find out wether you're eligible go to these website [list=1][*]HECS[*]PELS[/list=1]
If you're a Permenant Resident/NZ citizens, you may be eligible. NOTE: However, you may not be eligible for some courses, even if you're a PR/NZ Citizen. Read more from the websitesGood Luck!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:40 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Queenslander

do you have any info on how hard (or what you have to do )to get in to UNI on a perminant res visa as a mature student.Thinking if i get my visa want to change career path and this would involve going to uni (f/t or p/t)am thinking f/t as for 1st /2nd year financially can do it.

thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Mature Age & Admission

well, as far as i know, if you're a PR/NZ citizen, you get charged the same as other Aussies & your application is streamlined with the Aussies. however, sometimes for certain degrees, the fee structure doesn't apply to PR/NZ citizens, i.e. you'll have to pay the same amount as international students...which is $$$$! however, there are many scholarships around, if one looks hard enough. there is a search engine, it's called JASON . Create a new account and set your target degrees, because you can choose to have an auto-email option, which sends emails about scholarhips whenever it becomes available. But as far as the your PR status with regards to you studying here, it's perfectly simple. Also, if you've had work experience prior to application, it helps a lot but you MUST make it known to them because you mgith be able to get exemptions for certain subjects, which means that you'll pay a few dollars less, which could help you buy a few more pints ! if you need more info. on migartions matter please head to the Australian Immigration . It's got all the forms & info. you need. I do hope i've been of some help & if i hadn't please go the these websites for more info. Good luck & take care!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 7:45 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

thats been great.

many thanks Queenslander