Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

education in australia????

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default education in australia????

would love to hear some opions on education in oz compared to uk thanks delboys wife allison
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: education in australia????

Depends on what your standard in the UK is

Based on my experience, my school in UK has been alot more advanced than Australia and I also participated in more hours of sport than school sin Australia but many ppl will tell you it is the opposite
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by delboy
would love to hear some opions on education in oz compared to uk thanks delboys wife allison
I think the general conscensus is that its better to go private in Aus. I don't have kids so hav'nt been looking into this aspect of aus very much. Australian degrees are highly regarded.

My wifes an aussie, she went to a private school in Adelaide, not the best, but her parents (who are NOT rich (a plumber and a physio)) could afford it. Nearly all of her friends went to uni, and 2 are now lawyers, ones a Dr etcetc. I.e....they've all done ok. 2 even got scholarships to study here in the uk for phD's. One at Cambridge the other at Durham. If the education in Oz was as bad as some on this forum say it is, i doubt there would be so many success stories linked to the one family i know over there.

Like anywhere in the world there will be good and bad schools. The trick is sorting them.

Cheers

Pete.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Pete education is a big concern of ours so its good to hear something postive.

footie chick
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:05 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

We have looked into quite a few schools in Australia, and have found that the education standards seemed to be quite good. A few people say that Australian kids are a bit behind English kids. But I think you have to remember that Australian children start at the later age and English kids, so if you compare age to age, then English children do seem to be a bit in front when they go to Australia. We have also noticed that the Australian children have a lot more respect for adults and teachers than they do over here. We found the same we lived in South Africa. What does seem a good idea for children in Australia is the fact that they have breakfast clubs, homework clubs and afterschool clubs, a lot more than my children seem to get over here. We contacted a couple of schools in Australia, and they have sent some information. The parents to get very involved in the school as well, which was I think was a good idea. This seems to be a good way to make friends when you first arrive. Swimming is taught at a very early age in schools, unlike here. The only concern I have, is that if we go to Australia before Christmas, my son will start secondary called in the UK in September. Then he will have to go back to primary school in Australia, before starting secondary school again. I don't think he's looking forward to that.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SteveBannister
We have looked into quite a few schools in Australia, and have found that the education standards seemed to be quite good. A few people say that Australian kids are a bit behind English kids. But I think you have to remember that Australian children start at the later age and English kids, so if you compare age to age, then English children do seem to be a bit in front when they go to Australia. We have also noticed that the Australian children have a lot more respect for adults and teachers than they do over here. We found the same we lived in South Africa. What does seem a good idea for children in Australia is the fact that they have breakfast clubs, homework clubs and afterschool clubs, a lot more than my children seem to get over here. We contacted a couple of schools in Australia, and they have sent some information. The parents to get very involved in the school as well, which was I think was a good idea. This seems to be a good way to make friends when you first arrive. Swimming is taught at a very early age in schools, unlike here. The only concern I have, is that if we go to Australia before Christmas, my son will start secondary called in the UK in September. Then he will have to go back to primary school in Australia, before starting secondary school again. I don't think he's looking forward to that.
thanks for all your replys there very usefull,steve my son will be starting secondary school next september 2004 so i was alittle concerned about that but sons seems to be quiet brash about it because hell showoff, at least they will get a good primary education
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really, no.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Wilf
Not really, no.
really why??????wilf
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

really why??????wilf
Sorry old son, just having a laugh.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:46 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Sorry old son, just having a laugh.
An appology? It must be past your bedtime, call the wife to bring the slippers and hot cocoa.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
An appology? It must be past your bedtime, call the wife to bring the slippers and hot cocoa.
I am showing my pom manners.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:53 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I am showing my pom manners.
What, slurping the cocoa or snarling at the wife?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

What, slurping the cocoa or snarling at the wife?
I raise my little finger when I slurp my cocoa. You raise your gumboot when you gulp yours. That sort of thing.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:01 pm
Banned

I raise my little finger when I slurp my cocoa. You raise your gumboot when you gulp yours. That sort of thing.
I see the cause of all your problems. Mate only sooks and girls cock the little finger! Gawd a life wasted over such a stupid mistake! You should have asked!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

I see the cause of all your problems. Mate only sooks and girls cock the little finger! Gawd a life wasted over such a stupid mistake! You should have asked!
No. You misunderstand me. I do not mean little finger type cocks - that is an ozzie's territory and I have no experience of it. I mean elevating the smallest digit at the tip of a cup of cocoa.
Thanks for the chance to explain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.